Hopping some of you can Help with some feed back. Our online store (www.belekidsfashions.com) has been open more than a year the traffic. We getting is average 8 to 10 per day which is nothing
We have paid someone to bring it traffic but it was a waste of money. I have lowered my prices compare to the Etsy store we have and have been sending coupons to the Etsy customers for 15% off if they purchase on the online store.
We have setup the Sales Channels with Pinterest, Facebook and Google. I have not paid for Advertising since I'm waiting to get more organic traffic before spending money (tight budget)
Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?
Hope you are doing well.
Your store looks quite alluring and professional. I've gone through your store thoroughly and I must say I found the user experience very rich and friendly. The website has been designed very meticulously and I am sure, it will be a hit in no time. However, there are a few shortcomings and I will mention them below:
We at Descrii, help startups like yours in their early stage and help them grow.
We generate Compelling Product Descriptions, generate Facebook Ad Copies, generate Google Search Ads, generate Instagram Captions, Brainstorm Growth Ideas.
You get all these in one single place saving you a lot of valuable time. The time which you can invest in expanding your business. We will be more than happy to help you out with your queries. Kindly contact us if you need further assistance.
Marketing Officer, Descrii
Visit Our Website- https://descrii.tech/
Find us on Shopify store- https://apps.shopify.com/descrii-smart-descriptions
Sorry to hear, that has to be really discouraging. When you put money in, you definitely want a return on your investment, so I feel for you.
I've taken a look through your store and I have a few suggestions.
First, the way your products are displayed looks more like a checkout than a products page. The images, which are your selling point are very small, I'd change this first since I'm almost certain it is costing you sales.
Next, when I look at the product description you have a snippet in there regarding shipping. In there you say "From that point onward, it is out of our control and we suggest that you buy SHIPPING INSURANCE" is a bit of a turn off, to me it says "this has happened before and if it happens to you, I wont be giving you a refund." I'd remove the text about shipping from the product description and move it to the Shipping Policy page.
While I'm on the topic of product descriptions, I'll mention SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. This is especially important if you are trying to get Etsy customers using your Shopify store. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google (for you this might be including your etsy name). We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO:
My next recommendation is to utilize Shopify sales channels, this will allow you to tag your products on your social media accounts to make shopping even easier for your followers.
As for advertising, here are some free ways you can get eyes on your brand:
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!
Hello @BeleCreations, I hope you are doing good! here are the suggestions that you can work on:
- Add announcement bars or timers to promote your offers on the store.
- Add reviews on the product page. Reviews help in building trust with other visitors.
- The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box.
- You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications, share/ follow on social media. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and help in retaining your customers.
- Add web push notifications that will help you to bring back visitors who bounced from your site and convert them into paying customers. Even more astounding, this can increase customer retention by 7x times. This will clearly impact your retention.
Make your store engaging and interactive by adding customer engagement tools in your store. If your store is engaging then it will help you to reduce Customer Churn Rate i.e percentage of customers who stop purchasing from your brand and will also increase your customer retention.
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.
Hope this Helps!