FROM CACHE - en_header

Views but not sales

HarborTown
3 0 0

Hello and Thank you for helping. 

I have views on my page, as well as many likes on Facebook and Pintrest  for products posted , but no sales.  Can someone tell me perhaps why?

Any help is much appreciated!

harbortowndesigns.com

Replies 5 (5)
LitExtension
Shopify Partner
4064 808 857

Hi @HarborTown,

1. Use a sticky menu bar

Change to a sticky menu bar will help the site visitors navigate on your website more conveniently. By using it, you can allow them to access other pages on the bar while scrolling down without having to scroll up.

2. Use the quick view feature

Quick view is a great feature that helps the site visitors to hover over your products and add them to their carts immediately on the homepage and the collection page. Using this functionality will help you shorten the purchasing process of your potential customers => convert leads into your customers more quickly. Smartviewer could be a great quick view app for your selection.

3. Use live chat feature

Chatbox is an effective tool for directly communicating with potential customers. It will help you increase the sales conversion rate since "merchants that respond to a customer's chat within 5 minutes are 69% more likely to get a sale from the shopper". To choose a great live chat app, you can check out Tidio and Reamaze.

4. Use header image header

Currently, your website doesn't have the header image so it could be a reason that makes your store doesn't look visually appealing and attractive enough. I suggest you create one for yourself and put it on the top of the page. In particular,

5. Follow who abandoned their carts on your website

Patience is the key to success. Not everyone will make the purchase immediately when visiting your website. People can check products or only add items to their carts. Thus, I suggest you should keep following the site visitors who abandoned their carts via email and converting them into your customers. To help you with this, I suggest you should check Klaviyo and Avada.

6. Add 'You may also like' section

Upsell technique will help you generate more sales. To implement the technique, you can add the 'Product Recommendation' section to your website. 

Lastly, to optimize your store more effectively, then you can view PageFly. They can help you with this.

Hope these helps.

If my answer can help you solve your issue, please mark it as a solution. Thank you and good luck.

LitExtension - #1 Shopping Cart Migration Expert
If our answer is helpful then please accept as solution!
Get your 1-month Shopify free trial from LitExtension. CONTACT US!
Are you looking for a solution to migrate to Shopify? Try our FREE DEMO now!
PageFly
Shopify Partner
2767 387 1735

Hi @HarborTown, this is PageFly - Free Landing Page Builder. First of all, congratulations on your store. So I've checked your store and I have some feedback on it, and I hope it helps.

1. Add a favicon to your store

Having a favicon for your store will make your store unique and help customers easily recognize it. You can check this article to know how to add it.

PageFly_0-1633169468732.png

2. Have an announcement bar

Basically, the announcement bar will announce the information about shipping and discount or any promotion campaign of a store. 

3. Make the menu sticky

A sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want. 

4. Menu bar

Your menu bar could be more diversified to optimize your product page. You have some essential tabs: Home, Catalog.  I would suggest you add some more tabs such as: Contact us, featured collections, FAQs, or even product categories. That will make your customers to get know you better. Therefore, their buying journey is much more enjoyable. 

5. Add a banner with a clear CTA

The banner is the first impression of your store. Your banner should be full width to align with other sections of your home pages. 

A primary call to action button is one of the important things for a home page of an online store.

With this button, you will redirect customers to the page you want them to take action mostly. It can redirect to a collection page, or a product page, etc.

PageFly_1-1633169657544.png

6. Featured collections on Homepage

It should not have too many featured collections/ products on your Homepage. On the Homepage, you should show other things that intrigue the customers to buy your products or bring them some value or reasons to buy from you.

7. Add testimonial - customer reviews

• Customer reviews are proof of your product quality. This section will help you build customers' trust. You can show rating stars for each product or you can add customer reviews as text and photos.
  • Reviews are crucial when it comes to shopping online. PageFly allows you to add testimonials and product reviews to the page in easy ways

Moreover, you can check this guide to pick the best reviews app for your store!

8. Have at least 3-5 product images for all products

Product images are essential elements for users to judge products- if products do not display enough images, users will not be able to get a full sense of products and will be reluctant to purchase. 

9. Display or Link to a Return policy from the main Product page content

Making the Return policy visible in the main Product Page content, especially “Buy” section will help minimize users’ purchase anxiety. Featuring a link in or near the “Buy” section can be a motivating factor when users are considering whether they should make a purchase or not. 

PageFly_2-1633169958949.png

You can check out our templates for more inspiration for your page. Feel free to check our blog article as well. A Page Builder can be seen as a good choice for you to have an attractive and powerful page quickly. You will have lots more time focusing on strategies. 

You can consider checking PageFly - Free Page Builder to create a more impressive look for your store to really increase conversion, also please take a look at this guide from PageFly, hope it helps!

If you think my answer was useful, please like and mark it as a solution. Thank you and best of luck!

If you find it helpful, please let me know by giving it a like or marking it as a solution.

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Back-to-School Marketing Ideas of Best Platforms To Sell Online. 

HarborTown
3 0 0

Thank you for the input. I have switched it back to the old template. I have tried to keep up with the suggestions and fix everything . Not sure what exactly is a sticky menu?   I am using the Brokly theme , thus, I believe I am somewhat limited to how I would actually prefer the site to look. I like the bold pictures at the top, but also would love to have customers see the grid view of products on home page.  Also, in my products the top shows this list of products which feels a bit chaotic to me instead of a side bar ..more neatly showcased. I just feel limited . Unfortunately  I am starting out and have already put in money in so many categories. 

UpPromote
Shopify Partner
142 2 16

Hi @HarborTown,

This is UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing - We are the no.1 Affiliate marketing on Shopify app store. I am happy here to share some experience and suggestions for your online store. And I truly hope that they are useful and helpful for you in improving your sales performance. 

I totally you are just starting your business. Firstly, congratulation for your first step. It would be hard at the beginning. Most other business would be same as you when beginning, and now they are successful. So be patient!

Regarding store design

I have just taken a quick look at your website and here are some marketing suggestions for you to improve your sales performance:

• Add CTA button such as "Shop Now", "View More", "Add To Cart" into your collection. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 17.30.56.png

• Setting a sticky menu: If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky. This helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the navigation bar at anytime. 

• This page looks quite messy. I think you should redesign this page to look more clearly. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 17.35.43.png

*** Some comments from Pagefly are useful and valuable for you to follow. They are an expert in this factor, so their suggestions will be good advices to you in improving your website.

Plus, I also have some suggestions for you to help you improve you sales.

Tip 1: Run Facebook and Instagram ads

Running ads such as Facebook ads, or Instagram ads, even Google ads are popular methods to viral your products faster. You can get more knowledge and experience hereFacebook Ads for beginners. With Google Ads, you can easily attract target customers that are looking for the products you are selling. You can set your ads with different keywords, or banner as well. However, you should consider it because it is not really a potential choice for starters. The reason is that you might cost a lost of money to run for long term. In some specific case, if it don't bring positive traffics for you, you also need to pay fee to maintain them. We know it because we know many customers get same issues. 

Tip 2: SEO

One of the most important functions of SEO is increasing visibility, which means making it easier for prospects to find you when they search for something you have to offer. Visibility is directly related to your ranking. The ultimate reason SEO is essential is that it can help you achieve many of your business goals. SEO can help you drive more people to your site, give you an edge over the competition, and increase conversions, which means more sales, more loyal customers, and more growth for your business. You can use SEO apps from Shopify app store such as SEO Booster ‑ SEO Marketing to support you in developing SEO marketing campaign.

Tip 3: Using affiliate marketing

My recommendation is that you should think about another safer and suitable methods for your business. Affiliate marketing could be a good option for your.  Affiliate marketing is a marketing model which allows you to connect with various affiliates, and then they will use their advertising sources such as social media channels, websites, blogs, etc, to promote your products. You only need to pay affiliate commission whenever a customer makes a purchase via the unique link or coupon associated with their recommendation.

How to publish your affiliate registration on your menu bar?

You can add the affiliate registration form on the shop menu, so any visitors who visit your site can easily approach your affiliate campaign.

Your affiliate can create an account and log in right in your shop, which is really simple and convenient.

Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 17.27.00.png

The advantages of affiliate Marketing compared with other methods

1. Low investment but high cost effective

In fact, affiliate marketing does not need a huge amount to build a customer service team, or running advertising. This campaign helps to mitigate any risks that drive traffic or run social ads with little or no result for your Shopify business, while also ensuring that merchants achieve what they pay for.

In fact, whereas a poor marketing campaign that sends you low quality results will still need to be paid for, even if you make no sales. However, affiliate marketing ensures your marketing is cost effective and helps to reduce the risk of “leaking out” money for an uncertain market. 

2. Make extra income

The main advantage of affiliate marketing is that the income is entirely performance-based. This is because affiliates are only paid a commission when a purchase has taken place. That means if the affiliates have an ineffective campaign, it won’t affect your budget. 

The affiliates understand that driving huge traffic of potential customers will help to increase sales conversion. For this reason, the affiliates will spend much effort to build effective social platforms, promotion or boosting posts of your products in a better way to attract customers. The more efficiently they work, the more commission they generate, and the more sales you earn. 

UpPromote_1-1633429582401.png

3. Brand Awareness

A research reported that 92% of customers trust the recommendations of people, companies or influencers they know. For this reason, working directly with affiliate marketers who then promote your products to their established audience, brings more opportunities and more direct sales. The plus of affiliate marketing is to expand out into new markets that you haven't explored, giving your brand a much stronger online presence.

4. SEO Value

Publishers (the affiliates) link to your website to send traffic your way. Provided they aren’t spammy, these links are usually beneficial for your off-page SEO efforts, since inbound links are a huge factor in Google’s ranking algorithm.

5. Customer Data

UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing provides you valuable data and insight into how, where and why your customers are buying, which you can then use to make smarter marketing decisions in the future across other channels.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope my recommendation will be helpful for you. If you are still looking for a marketing tool to boost your sales greatly, I hope you can try our product: UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing 

If these feedbacks are valuable and helpful, kindly give us a "Like" or mark it as a solution. Be patient with your business and good luck!

All the bests,

UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing

Build. Manage. Succeed with Affiliate Marketing

•  
waytoapps
Shopify Partner
742 68 264

Hello @HarborTown 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Add a logo which gives Identity and separates from the competition.

Change the color of content on first image on the hero banner, as it blended in the background image.

Make a Sticky header for easy navigation. It helps customer to access menu at any time they want.

Add few products with ATC(add to cart) on the Homepage.

Add Testimonials or reviews on the homepage to build trust with the visitors.

Improve blog posting, which will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way you can engage with Existing and New customers.

Update Contact us page and mention more contact details which builds trust on your store.

You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store   which helps to increase your sales further. Improve your conversions by directly reaching those who close to your customers.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

There are no reviews on the products. Add customer review app, so that customer can review on your products.

You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace, if you have any unique or Handmade product in your store, you can give further exposure to your products.

Thanks,
Waytoapps