Visitors but no sales

Solved
JMandKo
3 0 2

Hi everyone , my store has been open about 2 months and I'm getting disheartened. I have about 20-30 visitors on average a day but no one is buying or even signing up for my newsletter. I don't understand why. I think my store is ok but maybe I'm biased.

Any feedback is welcomed and appreciated.

Store: https://jmandko.co.uk/

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1050 142 343

Hey @JMandKo,

When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.).  I've taken a look through your store, hopefully my feedback will provide some insight as to what is going on.

jmandko-01.png

HOMEPAGE BANNER
I'd recommend adding in a homepage banner. That main banner area is prime real estate for selling.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? Or what is it that they desire that you provide? Use words or phrases that they do to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

EcomGeeks_0-1625765135293.png

LOGO
Your logo is one of those things that holds a lot of weight in how professional or unprofessional your store looks. I would highly recommend having a professional logo done up for your store, it’s a worthy investment. This is a service we offer so if you are interested, you can click here for more information.

Once your logo is finished, you can match the fonts and colors in your store to your logo. This is going to level up your store even more and make you look very professional.

THEME
I’d recommend a theme change. I know it’s no small task, however, the visitor's first impression establishes whether they feel your store is trustworthy or not. I would highly recommend Debutify, you can download it for free or upgrade to one of their paid plans in order to gain access to their add-ons. They have 53 add-ons that will definitely save you money on monthly app costs. Some of my favourites are collection filters, custom currencies, delivery time and trust badges. We did a review on the theme in this video if you want to take a look:

PS: If you decide to give Debutify a try, here is our affiliate link: https://debutify.sjv.io/c/2837919/972143/12660

Using our affiliate link does not cost you anything extra, it tells Debutify we sent you and we may receive earnings for that referral.

LOCAL
Your main issue is you need sales so here is what I would do if I was in your position.

I’d start local.

I’d connect with other small handmade businesses in my area and ask if they want to collaborate to put together gift baskets. You’d add one of your products, they might add a handmade card or a piece of jewelry, another person might add a bath bomb, etc. 

I’d post online to local community Facebook pages, marketplace, join any handmade groups, etc. If there are online markets I would join them and definitely in person when they are up and running again.

I’d also approach local gift shops and flower shops to see if they are interested in carrying a selection of your products or collaborating with you.

With everything you do locally, make sure to include a business card with a discount for their next online order. This will create awareness that you have an online shop. Here is how to create a discount code:

You could also offer incentives such as free local delivery:

If delivery is not an option, or if you want to offer two things, you could offer local pickup as well:

I would highly recommend that you encourage your customers to leave a review on the products they purchase. Positive reviews are very valuable, they add a lot of trust to your store.

Another thing you could do for marketing that would help you expand outside the local umbrella is to create videos of you making your products. You could either make them tutorials, teaching others how to make your products, which could potentially lead to a different type of income for you (a course) or you could do a voiceover and talk about something you are passionate about that will resonate with your target audience. This can be tips and tricks, something about you personally or etc.  You can do short 30 second to 1 minute videos for TikTok, IG Reels, Facebook. You can also do longer videos and post them on YouTube or Facebook. As for the platforms, right now I personally suggest TikTok & YouTube. You are going to grow way faster on TikTok right now than you could on IG Reels or Facebook.

It has the potential to be a double fold success for you because not only can you earn on the platforms themselves (ie. with YouTube you can get AdSense, add affiliate links and do brand deals) but also you are driving traffic to your store and selling there as well. A good example of this in action is the Detail Geek. He has a service based vehicle detailing business and creates YouTube videos of himself detailing vehicles. He will mention products he is using and drive traffic to his online store AND he also earns AdSense money by allowing YouTube to place ads in his videos.

NEWSLETTER
You mentioned that you weren't getting newsletter sign ups. Presenting the newsletter pop up at the correct time is key. When a visitor first lands, it's not the best time to have the pop up because at this point they haven't had a chance to view your products to see if they are interested. Instead what I'd recommend is having it pop-up at checkout with something like "we have a surprise discount for you between 10%-40% off! Enter your email to instantly receive your discount code!".

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

arielcsv
1 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

Hi,
I work within the conscious beauty and wellness space and relate to your thoughts on store-bought candles, so here are my thoughts on your website.

The Good
Your product looks lovely and authentic. Your website is product-focused, which means it's easy to immediately tell what is being sold. The Scent List description page is perfect. People shop to connect something or solve a problem that they feel within themselves, so your The Brand section gets straight to the point of what problems are being solved.

What Can Improve
You are what makes the product unique. There are no human faces or lifestyle images on your website that place your ideal customer into the fantasy that comes with having your product. For example, I've never seen your dining table. Is it a family-sized table that moms can relate to? Is it a basic Target number for the savvy young college student? Or is it so chic that aspiring trendsetters would tap 'like' on Instagram? I appreciate that you've shared why you started, but the customer has to see The Brand in action in the product pictures and banners.

Thank you for sharing and being open to feedback. Sending growth thoughts to you and your business!

Ariel - Shopify Partner
Twitter

Hello @JMandKo ,

I had viewed your website shortly and here are some of my points that I hope useful and you can implement on it easily.

Reduce header section.

Some of items have single gallery image, Try to add more than one gallery image.

You can add Videos of your products. And Using instruction videos, It will attracts viewers.

Rating and Reviews:  Customer reviews are fixes the value of of product, And these will decides the your business growth. These will helps to increasing of your customers.

Add Testimonials: Creating a genuine testimonials are trust worthy. This is the one kind of marketing communication b/w customer and business person. So you can add efficiently.

Trust Badges: Trust badges your visitors know that your page is legitimate and that any data they share will be collected through secure third-party service providers. Your customers feel they can trust your website, And they are more likely to make a purchase.

Add Blog: You know creating/adding of blogs gives you a great way to generate fresh content on a website and provide a catalyst for email marketing, social media promotion to drive search traffic to your website.

I hope you will get my point.

Thanks,
Dropshipmate.

Apps Developer Team |
Dropshipmate ‑ Dropshipping

My Answer Is Useful To You? Please Snap Like to tell me!!
Growave
Shopify Partner
1111 36 382

Hi @JMandKo 

All-in-one Shopify marketing platform Growave is here! Congratulations on opening a new store. I would recommend you implement several features and start using some e-commerce marketing tools in order to increase your sales and drive traffic. I hope my recommendations would help.

• Add blog page

Since your store has been launched recently, the blog will make your shop more credible and relatable. It will help to build an emotionally cohesive relationship between your Shopify store and customer. The blog will provide new clients with a sense of confidence in their purchases. You can write about story, your candles and interesting facts regarding your production. Also, constantly adding new content to your blog will positively impact SEO. 

• Implement Social Login 

Social Login provides easier access to a customer's account and enables creating an account within one click through social media account. You can use gained data through social login for customer retention and analysis.

• Add Wishlist

Offering a wishlist is an effective way to reduce shopping cart abandonment and fulfill sales from customers who showed intent but didn't purchase. Since you offer various designs and scent options, I recommend adding a wishlist to improve the user experience. If the items from the wishlist haven't been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder. Moreover, you can analyze the data to see what items people save for later and what items they actually buy.

SVECHI.png

• Add shoppable Instagram gallery to Shopify store.

Showcasing stunning shoppable Instagram galleries across your site will help to increase product discovery, drive inspiration, and boost sales. You can turn your Instagram account and user-generated content into a shoppable gallery on your home menu and allow customers to shop directly from the posts.

• Referral program

Use a Referral program to give customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that. Through a referral program, you encourage your customers to help grow your brand community.

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.  We have 5 great features - Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards&Loyalty, Social Login, Shoppable Instagram Gallery at affordable price. 

In order to install a free trial, please press here

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
MS-WEB-DESIGNER
Shopify Partner
2877 180 493

Dear @JMandKo 

Hope the following suggestions will help you

• Do ON PAGE SEO
  • Use Voila Shopify app  adds a highly efficient cart feature proven to reduce cart abandonment and boost sales. (Show multiple Discount coupon code on cart page )
  • At header:

candy.png

• At footer:

jamfooter.png

• Banner adding on Collection page - Make your collection page stand out with interesting & creative collection banners. Example of Good Collection Page
  • Product page layout needs to improve

• There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. We suggest you install a Free app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes it easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.
Click Here to Hire Shopify Store Customization Experts
Boost Conversions & Average Order Value with this
Best App for Sticky Add To Cart
0 Likes

Hello, this is Grace a shopify store designer and also an ecommerce marketer.

I have checked through your store, although it needs to be upgrade but firstly before you start your business did you make a  thorough research on what to sell and who to sell to?

That is when you will know how to market and promote your business even if you don't have enough money to do payed promotion, you can start with TRADITIONAL MARKETING. I mean you should try and reach out to your friends, family, friend of friend, friend of friends of friends and neighbors.

By doing that you will be able to gather enough to go on with the paid promotion that will ease your stress and also to upgrade your store too

I hope this will be helpful.

Need my help?  contact me here>>>  divine003grace@gmail.com or  fiverr.com/divine_funnels 

Judd817
6 0 0

JM Im curious, did any of these recommendations help you? I have spent 2,000 USD on my advertising and i dont have one sale on my site. Anything would be appreciated before i give up at this point, thank you

0 Likes
JMandKo
3 0 2
Hey,
I know it's disheartening but u just have to keep going. Paid ads don't
seem to help me either, I get views but no sales. I'm still struggling to
be totally honest with you but that it me lacking motivation. Just keep
posting on social media and interact with people.
Good luck
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4015 241 732

Hello @JMandKoThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. I would love to share my thoughts for your store based on 9 years of experience with Shopify for over 1000's active Shopify merchants and hope that my sharing will help you improve your store performance.

- Add an attractive banner image on the first fold of the homepage with a call to action button like 'shop now' on it.

- On the homepage, Instead of adding 'most popular' section at last you should add it before the new arrivals section.

AiTrillion_0-1631603370320.png

- On the product page, add multiple images of the product to let customers have a look at the products in a better way.

- Add an announcement bar with a call to action button on it to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on & make them take action from it.

You should add a loyalty rewards program to your store. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like on signing up, leaving a review, allowing for push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, on first purchase, follow/ share on social media. This will help you to entice customers and will increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers. This will also help you in collecting the review. You can send an in-email review form to your customers. This can be sent automatically.

Integration of loyalty rewards program with web push notification, review, email marketing and with full automation results in wonders for the eCommerce stores. It will help you in increasing conversions and sales in your store and retain the customers for the long term.

- Run email campaigns targeting the right audience. Make sure to use email marketing automation to reach your customers. It helps to drive conversions. 

Hope you found the suggestions helpful!

To add the above marketing engagement tools to optimize the conversions of your store there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions. 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.