Good afternoon All,
Hope all is well, and everyone is having a great week.
I’m coming to this community with questions and to ask for advice. I’m in no way an e-commerce expert, I have had marketing and business experience in the past so I decided to start a Shopify website. My niche was baby/toddler clothing and accessories. This is absolutely new to me, I believe I went into this strategy correct; however I could be wrong.
I created a FB page, an IG page and I do advertise on FB ads, spending about $30 per ad 3 ads per day totaling $90.
Traffic does come, from SEO and ads but it doesn’t seem to convert, I don’t think my items are expensive, and shipping is free. To give you an idea of traffic it’s not a lot it’s around 90-120 people a day, and I know sales usually begin around 1K. Business was launched Friday of last week, and it’s getting a little disheartening to not even receive one sale. Lol
I’m new at designing websites, and new to e-commerce, but please give me brutal honest opinions and let me have it. Advice is very much appreciated and needed!
Thank you all!
Mr. and Mrs. Baby
First off thank you for the reply! This might come as a stupid question but what type of pages can I add to make it more exciting?
Also you’re saying premium theme, I wanted to go simplistic is there any themes that might achieve what you’re suggesting?
Since I’m new, what do you mean more lively?
Once again thank you!
I hope you are doing good and welcome to the Shopify Community!
This is MS Web Designer (Top Rated Shopify Certified Experts and eCommerce Consultant from Singapore).
Thank you for sharing your store URL as this allowed me to go through your website. You have a beautiful store!
Mentioning a few pointers that I think will be useful:
- Can you make the Banner image smaller so the baby can be seen holding the balloon as soon as the site opens? Presently the baby shows up upon down scroll. Thus making the balloon look like an ugly smiley. lol! Pic below:
- Website needs a favicon
- Product page needs reviews. This also builds trust on your website.
- Consider using the 'Coupon Discount on Cart' App from the Shopify App store for all your discounting needs. This App shows all available discounts to the customer right at Cart Page in popup mode. Thus boosting sales.
- Speed Optimization is recommended for your website as its scoring 42 on mobiles and 93 on desktops. A fast website scores 90+. This affects your search engine ranking. Even though desktop speed is fine, remember most of your traffic comes from mobile users.
As for sales:
- How many customers adding items to cart?
- Are customers abandoning their cart?
- Are your items priced competitively?
- Consider keeping a live chat option (Ex: Tidio) for customers to ask questions and instantly figure a purchase.
That's about all I could notice from a glance at your store.
Feel free to connect us if you have any questions! Email address mentioned below.
We'd love to assist you in any way possible!
Best of luck and Regards!
MS Web Designer
We have checked your store and we found that your website is too slow on mobile devices and is not fairly compatible with buyers trying to buy from their smartphones.
So it may be the reason that customer comes to your website but due to the slow loading time they go back without purchasing anything.
You can also check the below image for more information on the issues.
We suggest you to please revamp your store with the help of a trusted Shopify expert agency and improve your store’s speed on mobile devices.
If you need any further assistance with this, do let us know.
All the best,
This is flareAI: your Fully Automated Free Sales Machine. I hope you're having a good day. We are helping Shopify Merchants grow their store presence in Google and other major sales channels and generate sales of $5 million in sales from Google Search, on autopilot.
If my suggestions is helpful to you, please let me know by giving a like or marking it as a solution.
I truly hope my suggestions on your store will help you with the best solution.
1. Add favicon to your store which is a small square image/logo that appears next to a web address. Favicon helps to strengthen your brand and add a polished look to your website. See shopify help here.
2. Add sections like 'New Arrivals', 'Featured Collection' to help keep customers updated on new products and give exposure to new collections.
3. Add more detailed product description in product pages. The product description should provide visitors with important information about the features and benefits of the product so they are motivated to buy.
4. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional. Testimonials allow your satisfied customers to step forward and address the questions and objections that fill the minds of your prospective buyers for you.
5. A FAQ would be useful to provide quick information to help customers make a purchasing decision and also to reduce the time your employees need to answer simple questions.
6. Make About Us more personal, likable, and believable so that, your prospects are more likely to be comfortable buying from you.
7. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
8. Add average ratings for each product
Including both user rating and number of ratings on the products will help users to make decision whether to buy your product or not.
9. Add sticky header
Adding sticky header allow users to quickly access the navigation, search, and utility-navigation elements without scrolling up to the top of the page. They increase the discoverability of the elements in the header and the chance that users will take advantage of them.
10. Add Blogging in the store
Blogging is an amazing way to drive traffic to your website and increase your SEO. The more your blog, the more content the search engines have to crawl and index. This means they can easily recognize that your site is a resource of information for people to access.
Your customers trust Google Search more than Ads. 53% of eCommerce traffic is Search, far greater than Paid Ads & Social Media. We created flareAI to deliver feeds to organic channels on a regular basis without taking your time. flareAI will help to scale your site sustainably at NO added Staffing expenses, NO Pay-per-click, NO paid marketplaces. With flareAI, your site can access the world's dominant Free eCommerce services in one Shopify App.
If you found the answer helpful consider supporting the Shopify Community by giving it a Like + Accept the solution.
Congratulations on launching a store! It's great that you're seeing regular traffic to your website, especially considering that you only launched last Friday.
The truth is that spending money on Facebook ads alone will not guarantee you sales. You also need to ensure that your store displays as many trust indicators as possible. For example, you need to make sure that your content is clear, accurate, and professional sounding. So avoid repetitive terms, and make sure your grammar is correct:
In fact, there is absolutely no point in starting your marketing until you can answer these questions:
Once you have this clear, you can market to the right people on the right platforms with the right messaging to obtain the right results.
On our Shopify Expert Marketplace, you can find many trusted third party developers and fr...By Arno Nov 27, 2023
You've downloaded the Search & Discovery app from the Shopify App store, and as you're ...By Skye Nov 8, 2023