Website load slow

Ameerah
1 0 2

Hello! Need help with my website. It seems like it loads terribly slow. Any ideas on how to solve this? Also how to solve the non-redirection.

Truly appreciate the help! 

Replies 3 (3)
hori_tran
Shopify Partner
156 19 63

I used to rely on a so-called expert freelancer and he messed up my site!!! Then I found some tools from Shopify that performed better (to my surprise). They have some functions called AMP that guarantee to boost your site speed on mobile browsers. The great thing is they have a developer/Shopify expert team who provide side-by-side support to make sure that things run smoothly and my page speed could be improved. Then, I ran a speed test and got improved results. Really appreciate these tools from Shopify and their team/service (Here's the link of the tool that I used btw  https://bit.ly/2YsfRzq ) Just from my experience as a fellow store owner. Hope it could help!

-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Thank you and have a nice work!!!
Growave
Shopify Partner
1128 38 392

Hi @Ameerah 

Definitely try @Speedimize, aimed to increase the speed score of your store. Check out here: https://apps.shopify.com/speedimize. Hope that helps you.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
PageFly
Shopify Partner
1952 271 1449

Hi @Ameerah 

This is PageFly - Free Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendation for your store based on 6 years of providing solutions for about 100.000 active Shopify merchants. 

First, you should provide your store URL so we can check, find out and give you detailed recommendations. 

However, there are some important things you can take a look at:

1. Optimize image loading times: it’s a process of delivering high-quality images in the right format, dimension, size, and resolution while keeping the smallest possible size. Optimized images load faster and consume less cellular data. Some online tools such as Shopify Online Image Resizertinypng.com or imagecompressor.com work fairly awesome.

2. Optimize front-end code

2.1 Convert your images to a next-gen format

The only downside of these next-gen formats is browser support is not universal for them. Check out these links below to see the current browser support for each format.

2.2 Minify files

The best place to get started to reduce page load is to minimize HTML, CSS and JavaScript files. These files determine your site’s appearance – like the clothing and shoes that you wear – so it’s vital to run them through some quality filters.

Let’s start with reducing the size of each file and the total number of files. This task includes removing unnecessary formatting, whitespace and code.

2.3 Eliminate render-blocking resources 

The most common render-blocking resources are JavaScript and CSS files that are located at the head of your web page. They load in the above-the-fold area (or the area that you normally see on a website before scrolling down to see the rest of the content) and they are a part of the critical rendering path used by a web browser.

2.4 Defer unused CSS 

To defer unused CSS, you can remove unused rules from stylesheets to reduce unnecessary bytes consumed by network activity.

Prioritize above-the-fold content (lazy loading)

Sometimes, you can improve user experience by having your above-the-fold (top of the page) load faster — even if the rest of the page takes a few seconds to load. This is called lazy loading and is particularly helpful for pages with lots of content below the fold. PageFly does provide this in-app function so you can give it a try.

And finally, Don’t forget Google Indexing

To ensure Google crawls your page and recognizes the changes you’ve made, request indexing using Google Search Console for your website. The sooner Google indexes your site, the better. Speeding up your website may help your Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs).

If you feel my answer is helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

PageFly

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.