Website Quality

Website Quality

Custom_Comforts
Visitor
1 0 1

Hey there! I was wondering how my shopify store stood up against my competitors. This is my first time starting a business and I don't want to be left in the dust. Thanks in advance!

customcomforts.shop 

Replies 3 (3)

PageFly-Garcia
Shopify Partner
494 79 133

Hi there @Custom_Comforts , I'm Garcia from PageFly - Shopify Landing Page Builder.

Congrats on your new store! The website looks elegant & majestic in general. However, regarding the store design, from my Conversion Rate Optimization expertise, I would like to give you some suggestions to make the store more stunning and better convert.

1. General

• Add a favicon logo for your website

Favicon is the small logo that typically appears in a browser tab, and I've highlighted it in the screenshot below. It’s important especially with new sites because favicon logos can improve the user experience by making it easier for visitors to identify your site when they have multiple tabs open in their browser.

PageFlyGarcia_0-1719374543082.png

• Add footer menu

A footer menu helps users find important links easily, including contact information, legal links, navigation links…, improving the overall navigation and user experience. Also, including relevant links in the footer can help search engines understand the structure of your website, potentially boosting your SEO.

2. Homepage

• Invest more on the hero banner image

The hero banner in the homepage is an important touchpoint to impress your customers when they first land on the site. The current banner may cause visitors to confuse in the first 5 seconds what products you are offering. Your current one is a bit confusing as the key products are not highlighted.

PageFlyGarcia_1-1719374543921.png

• Improve the first product showcase

The first product showcase on your homepage is a highly important touch point as it would decide whether or not visitors have interest in your products and make a purchase. I recommend you should improve the current showcase:

PageFlyGarcia_2-1719374543610.png

• Add an “Explore more” button to allow shoppers to view additional products. This would help reduce bounce rate and allow more chances of getting sales as they can continue to explore other options to their liking.
  • Add secondary hover on image: Instead of a single static image, it would be better to show more how your products are used in real life or unique details/patterns of them, which can increase the likelihood of making a purchase. You can try Picjam, a great tool that uses AI to generate stunning model images when you give it the product image.

PageFlyGarcia_3-1719374543749.png

• Change the background of the quick shop modal

The current quick shop modal has a transparent background. It looks a bit weird and hard to read the content

PageFlyGarcia_4-1719374543622.png

• Key USPs section with icons

Your current homepage lacks key information about products. It may increase the bouncing rate as users don't find important content they need. Helpful, easy-to-see benefits icons quickly introduce your products' unique selling points, giving a reason to purchase from you instead of the competition.

Reference:

PageFlyGarcia_5-1719374543485.png

• About Us Section

Visitors who land on your site for the first time might seek out who is behind the product, and why they should buy from you. So consider adding an About Us section to introduce your brand.

For example,

PageFlyGarcia_6-1719374543753.png

3. Product page

• Use option swatches to display different product variants.

Instead of plain text in the drop down menu, option swatches make your product options more visually appealing, enticing customers to explore and engage with your products.

PageFlyGarcia_7-1719374543536.png

• Make ATC button & price information in prominent styling

It's important to highlight the key information like the price and call to action. Adding other styling like bold, italic, using different color and font size to the price and mouse over state for ATC button to make them more noticeable.

PageFlyGarcia_8-1719374543539.png

Reference:

PageFlyGarcia_9-1719374543552.png

• Optimize product description display

Your product description is very lengthy & text-heavy. Consider compressing it into accordions / content tab (collapsible content tabs) as the shipping & return section right below so that your product pages look better-structured & the shoppers' experience is enhanced.

PageFlyGarcia_10-1719374543497.png

Reference:

PageFlyGarcia_11-1719374543484.png

That’s all of my feedback. Hope it will enhance your website's look and help you grow sales. Feel free to reach me in the reply section if you need further discussions. Wish you luck and endurance on your entrepreneurship journey!

Cheers,

Garcia | PageFly Team         

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.

MooseDesk
Shopify Partner
231 36 75

Hi @Custom_Comforts,

Thanks for reaching out to the community. This is MooseDesk - All-in-one Customer Support and Helpdesk Solution for your Start-up 

Congratulations on your new store! I can see it is well-designed and has quite enough of essential details. While it's already great, I do have some suggestions to help make it even better. Here are a few of my recommendations for a better customer experience, if you don't mind taking a look.

1. Freeze the header

When users scroll down a long webpage, a sticky header keeps the navigation bar in view at all times. Therefore, it is easier for your customers to jump back and forth, keeping them stay longer on your site. 

custom.png

2. Add a second image on hover

The image can be a different angle, a close-up of details or showing the model wearing it. These can give visitors a more comprehensive view of the product without cluttering the initial product listing. Here’s an example: 

hover image.webp

3. Add FAQ & Contact Us pages

These pages provide a central location for users to find answers to common questions and get in touch with you if needed. They can also can free up your staff to focus on more complex inquiries.

Besides, pages like FAQs can include relevant keywords that search engines look for, thus boosting your website's ranking in search results.

FAQ Starter 1.png

I suggest exploring MooseDesk, a free support, FAQ & Helpdesk App. MooseDesk provides auto-reply features during non-business hours, a proactive help center, and a user-friendly widget layout, offering an effective solution to enhance customer support on your platform.

So those are some of my suggestions for your store as an UX expert. If this is helpful for you, please let me know by giving me a 'LIKE'. If your question is answered please mark this as 'SOLUTION’.

As an expert/enthusiast in UX, I recommend implementing these changes to improve customer experience when scrolling through your store.

If this is helpful for you, please let me know by giving me a 'LIKE'. If your question is answered please mark this as 'SOLUTION’.

Thank you for reading. Wish you a nice day ahead!

MooseDesk - All-in-one Shopify FAQ & Helpdesk App

Was your question answered? Giving MooseDesk's reply a Like or marking it as an Accepted Solution!

MooseDesk - #All-in-one Customer Support and Helpdesk Solution for Shopify Merchants

Install now. Be our early bird and get all features free forever.

INA_MSWEB
Shopify Expert
1228 141 154

Hi @Custom_Comforts To evaluate how your Shopify store, Custom Comforts, stands against competitors, and a Shopify discounting app can help, let's consider several factors:

1. Website Design and User Experience:

Your website should have a clean, modern design with easy navigation. Ensure that product categories are easily accessible, and the overall browsing experience is smooth. Review competitors' websites for design, ease of navigation, and overall user experience. Note any design elements that stand out and could be incorporated or improved upon in your own store.

2. Product Range and Quality:

Ensure you offer a wide range of high-quality products. Highlight unique selling points (USPs) such as eco-friendly materials, handmade items, or exclusive designs. Compare the variety and quality of products. Identify any gaps in your product line that competitors are filling and consider expanding your offerings accordingly.

3. Pricing Strategy:

Conduct a market analysis to ensure your pricing is competitive. Offer discounts and bundle deals to attract more customers. Analyze competitors' pricing strategies. Ensure you are not priced too high or too low compared to the market.

4. Marketing and SEO:

Implement effective SEO strategies to improve your store’s visibility. Use social media and email marketing to engage with your audience. Study competitors' marketing tactics, including their social media presence, email campaigns, and SEO strategies. Identify successful strategies and adapt them for your store.

5. Customer Service:

Provide excellent customer service with prompt responses and easy return policies. Display customer reviews and testimonials to build trust. Evaluate competitors' customer service quality. Aim to provide a better customer experience.

6. Use of Discounts and Promotions:

Use discount codes, promotions, and loyalty programs to retain customers and attract new ones. Observe how competitors use discounts and promotions. Ensure your offers are compelling and competitive.

Coupon Discount on Cart App 

• Display available discounts directly on the cart page, encouraging customers to complete their purchases to take advantage of the savings.
  • Simplify the shopping experience by automatically applying the best available discount.
  • Provide transparency by showing all available discounts, making customers feel they are getting the best deal.
  • Reduce cart abandonment rates by giving customers an incentive to finalize their purchases.
  • Encourage customers to add more items to their cart to qualify for discounts, increasing the overall order value.
  • Implement tiered discounts to incentivize higher spending.
  • Use personalized discount codes to reward loyal customers, encouraging repeat purchases.
  • Implement time-sensitive discounts to create a sense of urgency.
  • Easily manage and display multiple discounts, ensuring customers are always aware of current promotions.
  • Track the performance of different discount campaigns to optimize your promotional strategies.

For a detailed evaluation and specific feedback, I recommend reviewing each aspect mentioned above in-depth and possibly conducting a SWOT analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) to identify areas of improvement. For further assistance, please reach out to us.

Regards,

Ina

If it’s helpful to you, please mark it as a solution.  

Need Help with Shopify Design, Migration, Speed, or Custom tasks?  
email: hi@mswebdesigner.com
Try Our Conversion Booster app to get more sales | Connect Our Founder Linkedin