I absolutely love the products, images and the use of colors on your website! They look chic, retro and very trendy at the same time. There are only a few things that needed a little change. Here are some of my suggestions for improvements:
1. Banner images are not optimized for laptop/desktop. They are shaped in a pretty much vertical frame, which fits the mobile view. However, laptop and desktop views are horizontal. I would suggest customizing the images separately for different device displays. Secondly, I suggest you replace the images with higher definition; right now some look a bit broken like the one below I screenshot from your website.
2. Unclear color variants. I would suggest you use color swatches for different choices. Right now some of the options look all white. I see the Messenger bag has different swatches, and for the Retro Totes for example, you name the color selectors different things like Blue, Beige, etc. so I'd guess you're working to add those swatches in. Just make sure the options look different so that customers are not confused.
3. Lack of Call-to-Action. You can utilize the banner image section to plug in a compelling call to action (CTA) button, like Sign up Now, Shop Sales Now, etc. depending on what you want to highlight. This huge section will act as customers' first impression about your website, so it would be great if it motivates customers to do something you'd like. You can see an example below; they don't have images as pretty as yours, but they do a great job driving customers attention to the CTA button, encouraging customers to do what the business wants.
4. Broken social icon. Just a minor and easy-to-fix issue. The icon next to Instagram is not showing on your footer on the laptop view and on the side menu on mobile phones.
Mobile Side menu
Overall, I think these issues are not difficult to fix. You have a really nice online store with such chic products! At the end of the day, those are the core of the business. A little improvement on the website will gain you more customers and improve their experience with your brand. For more detailed online store tips (How to make a mobile-responsive page, a compelling Call to Action button, etc.) and examples of high-converting online stores, you can see 10 high-converting Shopify home pages created by PageFly. Best of luck!
Hi @DJLawson9 !
Welcome to the Shopify family! I wish you good luck!
1. The mobile speed of your store is 20 - it is low for good user experience. Website or mobile performance impact ranking on organic search and user experience. This problem can reduce conversions and sales. 79% of people do not wait for more than 5.3 seconds for page loading. It can lead to the losing of new visitors, less traffic, and losing repeat customers. You should always work on your CRO - increasing the percentage of users who perform a desired action on your website. Here is one app Hotjar- that can help you with it.
2. Hero banner - the images are low quality and they are for mobile. For desktop they are too long vertical, they should be horizontal. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about. Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals.
3. Branding - clearly show your company branding. Logo, brand colors, brand fonts - should be the same across websites, emails, and social profiles. A key part of building your brand is making it recognizable.
4. Add "About us", "Contact Us" pages, and Home button - work on your menu and navigation bar- it affects the user experience of the store.
5. Near the Instagram icon on the footer, you have a broken icon - it affects SEO.
6. Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.Your e-commerce blog will not only drive more traffic to your website—but it will increase your conversions too. Your blog will make you feel more credible and relatable, which will provide new clients with a greater sense of confidence in their purchases.
7. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
8. The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.
9. The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, which will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.).
10. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer
11. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
12. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
13. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
4. Use influencer marketing to establish credibility
If your website is credible, you’ll be able to generate more site traffic.
One of the best ways to gain credibility is to leverage your relationships with influencers. You can approach this tactic in many different ways.
If you have the means, you can use celebrities to promote your brand.
That’s because these people are already known and trusted. Working with a celebrity shows your brand is legitimate. The problem is it’s obvious to consumers these celebrities are getting paid to pitch your products or services. As an alternative solution, you can use micro-influencers. One of the top reasons why I’m an advocate for using micro-influencers is because they have high engagement rates with their followers.
For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
I've taken a look at your store. I've some suggestions for improvement.
1. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.
2. Add the Home page link at the starting of the main menu.
3. Add Contact Us page for better customer interaction.
4. Add About Us page which is a reflection of the purpose and personality of the business.
5. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
6. The social media icons in the footer are both redirecting to Instagram.
7. Optimize your footer with a more professional and functional look. Add pages like Contact Us, About Us, etc to the footer.
8. A FAQ would be useful!
9. Remove the blank space in the footer section.
10. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.
11. Add Blog which will help in increasing the website traffic.
12. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
13. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)
14. Create a Facebook account for your store. Having a Facebook Store is a great way to grow your business, allowing you to tap into new audiences and gain more customers.
Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. You can get your free Google Index Score through flare. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.
Hope this was helpful!
Hi, @DJLawson9 welcome to Shopify family,
Hey there, you really have a beautiful store. Congratulations on building your website I do have a few recommendations,
1. A great way to generate leads and traffic is through search engine optimization. As you can see from what we’ve already talked about, implementing some of these other lead generation strategies will automatically help your SEO.
2. If your website is credible, you’ll be able to generate more site traffic. One of the best ways to gain credibility is to leverage your relationships with influencers. You can approach this tactic in many different ways. If you have the means, you can use celebrities to promote your brand.
3. Lots of people create free giveaways to build their email newsletters — but few of them take the time to truly craft a great giveaway that people want and that somehow improves their lives or their business as a result of getting it.
4. A sitemap is a good starting point to make sure Google (and other search engines) can index all of the pages on your site, however, it’s a good idea to make sure people can do the same.
5. Blog commenting may seem like an old-fashioned strategy that no longer works to build backlinks from Google. It helps users land on the same page with the help of backlinks.
6. Facebook ads can generate a terrific ROI as well as a higher click-through rate — but it’s important to distinguish between the two types plus how to reach out to prospective customers without looking like an intrusion in their newsfeed.
7. You need to create urgency and social proof on your store for that u need to add top announcement on your store by adding visually attractive stickers like the number to products left, upcoming sales, In trend will grab the attention and excite the customer.
I hope this helps!
Congrats on your store, you have an amazing store, really like the color combo it's very pleasing to the eyes, I I would like to give some design suggestions to help make your store more appealing to your customers and also increase your sales
1. I feel you have done a good job with the basic UI for the site and I feel you can add more acts buttons to specific pictures to your page and products
2. change the landing page to a very modern look that has good pictures and slideshows and banners.
3. the optimization is not done well is what I feel, the store needs to be more friendly to the user
4. its needs a complete design overall as the consistency of the font and size of content varies very much and don't look complete
5. the product catalog page needs a revamp as you would need to make it look more presentable with less clutter and change to a different color to lift the shopping spirit
6. use product labels to help sales, ill leave a link below of an app that can help you with this
7. you can add a good blog page so that you can let users know the site better, also add an FAQ page as well, a good testimonial section can add trust to the users on your site and increase purchase
Ditto with @Growave : Use influencer marketing to establish credibility.
Perhaps I can add here that before you'll hire the right influencer, prepare your website and social media bio sections*, for better results.