What am doing wrong?

BGordon7789
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi there! 
I recently opened my site and have been using social media and advertising to drive people to the site. Over 1200 sessions but no sales. I feel confident in my product as it did extremely well on Etsy but now it’s just completely dead. I don’t know what I am doing wrong. Can someone advise what I am missing??

Replies 2 (2)
DanSP
Shopify Partner
172 14 45

Hi @BGordon7789, don't give up, your pixel is learning. 

You may also import reviews from Etsy to assist boost sales. This app can import reviews from Etsy and appear them to your product for you: Ryviu - Product review app

Dan from Ryviu
hori_tran
Shopify Partner
171 19 66

Hi @BGordon7789 ,

As a fellow store owner who also struggled at first, here are my personal recommendations for you. there are 3 factors to get a high sale conversion rate:

1. you must have a winning product.

2. Your store is professional-looking and high-converting.

- add a best seller category
- The slide banner with great visuals with your products and the "call to action" button. the slide banner should show the benefits of your products ( you can choose the best sellers to describe), your events, your discounts (Black Friday is coming, right?)
- Show promotion and a great shipping policy on the top
- add realistic product images
- make videos to attract customers and increase time on site
- pop up chat and discount pop up
- Add reviews for each product (some Shopify review apps can help) and a lower price next to the original one or to attract customers (on both the homepage and the product page)

- And don't forget to add JSON LD to your site to display your reviews on Google search by SEO app. (This SEO app I use 1 year:https://bit.ly/2YxoOYC)
- SEO: your mobile version is not good. Heading tags, Meta tags, keywords are not optimized. To handle this I usually use the above SEO app.
- Add Google Analytics to track customers visiting your site

- Footer: add factors that make your customer trust, such as:

+ add your social media

+ "Our Company": About Us, Contact Us, Terms Of Service, Privacy Policy, DMCA Request

+ "Help Center": Size Charts, Payment Methods, Cancellation & Modification, Shipping, Delivery, Track Your Order, Returns and Refunds, FAQs

+ "Get In Touch": mail, support time, warehouse,...

- One thing I noticed while on your website, was that you have Powered by Shopify in your footer. here is how you can remove that:
Step 1. Navigate to your Online Store > Themes section of your admin.
Step 2. In the Action drop-down menu next to your current theme, select Edit Languages.
Step 3. In the Search Translations bar next to Filter please type in "power".
Step 4. Under Powered by Shopify, in the text bar, just put in a single space. This will erase the Powered by Shopify.
In the top right corner, select Save.

3. Effective and diverse marketing strategies including ads, email marketing, SEO, etc

For me, step 3 is where most people including myself could go wrong. My advice for small stores starting out with a limited budget would be to invest 80% on ads and 20% on SEO. At first, you need to prioritize ads for quick sales but never miss out on SEO as it helps you grow your online presence sustainably with an affordable strategy. By the way, there's no need to hire a costly SEO expert as there are some free SEO apps that offer good service.
Just my personal recommendations. Hope it helps

-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Thank you and have a nice work!!!