What am I doing wrong?

Solved
QueenB
Tourist
13 0 2

Hello, I would like to thank you in advance.

my store gets traffic, on average 50-60 a day, for an entire 2 weeks, I’ve had only 1 sale. I have been improving the site a lot and  I know I can improve my store a bit more. any suggestions would be appreciated.

here’s the link to a product page 

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
hori_tran
Shopify Partner
142 16 54

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @QueenB ,

As a fellow store owner who also struggled at first, here are my personal recommendations for you.

I.  Your product page:

- Add realistic images taken by yourself to increase customer trust.

- Add image to customer reviews ( some Shopify review apps can help)

II. Overview of your site:

There are 3 main reasons to get a good conversion rate:
1. you must have a winning product.
2. Your store is professional-looking and high-converting
I visited your website. your products and web design are very nice. I like them. But I saw something, this may be helpful to get a higher conversion rate:
- add a best seller category
- The slide banner with great visuals with your products and the "call to action" button. the slide banner should show the benefits of your products ( you can choose the best sellers to describe), your events, your discounts (Black Friday is coming, right?)
- Show promotion and a great shipping policy on the top

hori_tran_0-1637548360156.png

- add realistic product images
- make videos to attract customers and increase time on site
- pop up chat and support staff
- I saw you added reviews for each product (some Shopify review apps can help to add more). But don't forget to add JSON LD to your site to display your reviews on Google search by SEO app. (This SEO app I use 1 year: https://bit.ly/2YxoOYC)

hori_tran_1-1637549390313.png

- SEO: your mobile version is not good. Heading tags, Meta tags, keywords are not optimized. To handle this I usually use the above SEO app.

3. Effective and diverse marketing strategies including ads, email marketing, SEO, etc
For me, step 3 is where most people including myself could go wrong. My advice for small stores starting out with a limited budget would be to invest 80% on ads and 20% on SEO. At first, you need to prioritize ads for quick sales but never miss out on SEO as it helps you grow your online presence sustainably with an affordable strategy. By the way, there's no need to hire a costly SEO expert as there are some free SEO apps that offer good service.
Just my personal recommendations. Hope it helps

-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Thank you and have a nice work!!!

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)
Marty
Shopify Staff
429 67 84

Hi, @QueenB.

Thanks for your message, I would be happy to offer you some resources that may be able to help you out moving forward. Thank you for sharing your store URL, I really enjoyed looking through your shop and at your great-looking products, you seem to have a really unique and interesting store. Traffic but little or no sales is one of the most common things new-shop owners face when launching their online business. One thing I love suggesting to our merchants is going through this fantastic article that breaks down this topic in more detail here. It offers some things you can ask yourself and your team about your shop such as:

1. Is your main navigation easy to use?
  2. Can you move any non-essential pages to the footer navigation?
  3. Does your visual brand look professional?
  4. Does your website copy speak to your target audience?
  5. Are shoppers adding products to their cart?
  6. Are shoppers abandoning their cart?
  7. Are you remarketing to your website visitors?

I would also consider adding an announcement banner/bar to your page. You could add a banner to highlight the following information:

1. any shipping delays or regions not accepting international shipments
  2. any updated or new policy pages
  3. any promotions being offered at this time, such as new gift cards

Depending on what theme you are using, you may already have this feature built in. If you do not, you could always add a free announcement banner app, here are a few examples:

- All Announcement Bars and Banners

- Bannerfly

Another interesting app you may want to look into is a free option called Lucky Orange. I suggest this app because it can actually record video data of where your customers may be getting "stuck" in your shop. This of course does not work to convert more visitors into sales, however, it can help give you a better idea of what you would need to implement in your shop to action these trouble areas. 

Thanks again for reaching out and I hope some of these ideas can help you out moving forward. Please do not hesitate to reach back out here with any questions about the above information, we are always happy to chat! 

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Im_ayomide
Tourist
5 1 0

Hello @QueenB , You are doing thing well and i will be home with you both your website home page and product caught my attention to buying, But you are doing wrong no will get know until give a response on this Question.

Who Are You Targeting?

Your targeting audiences really matters a lot and through that you gain traffic (Visitors), Leads, Or Sales Conversion.

What Marketing Strategy Are you implementing?

When It Comes To marketing a brand new website you need A Reputation on business brand. I know you tried lot of conversion ads without converting that means you having follow the right marketing steps.

There are still lot more to discuss.

IF really interested, Kindly Click and mark it as "SOLUTION"

WhatsApp: +2348070834170

imayomide090@gmail.com.

PageFly
Shopify Partner
1942 270 1427

Hi @QueenB

It's PageFly - Best Page Builder App here and I'd like to share some of my initial thoughts when first browsing through your online store. I hope that my recommendations based on 6 years of providing solutions for more than 100.000 merchants can be beneficial to you in improving your store performance.

The purchase experience is a journey rather than just a decision on one page, so let’s start with our home page first. I have a few more comments to make your pages even better:

1, For quick reading and professional visuals, use a clean sans-serif font for titles and headings as they’re best suited for screens and hand-held devices like phones and tablets.

2,  Make the Call-to-action button (like Shop Now or Discovery More) in the above-the-fold area, as most of the customers will just stay in this area without scroll through all the pages, so doing this can help you drive traffic and increase conversion rate.

PageFly_0-1637545847798.png

2, The product images look funny; however it makes me feel more like a toy store instead of a bookstore. Instead of showing a cube, show some possible books that will show up in this box, which will make customers feel more related. 

PageFly_1-1637545847192.png

The same can be applied to your product page. Let the customers know what they are about to get, by adding images and title of some famous books in the description.

PageFly_2-1637545846981.png

4, Give more space to the images, and make the images well invested so your store will look more professional. If the details are not much informative, you can make them focus on product images instead.

5, On the product page, you can make the product description a solo section, so that when customers open it, it will not create a wide blank space on the left side

PageFly_3-1637545846463.png

6, Add a review section on the product page so customers can see others’ review, as well as leave the review by themselves

For Product page, you can check out our template - This template can be used on PageFly page builder, even on Free plan.

For guidance in web design, you can take a look at our Academy to get instruction from our top e-commerce experts in increasing store’s conversion rates

BFCM is coming. You can amplify your sales in holiday season with PageFly solutions exclusively for this holiday season. All these holiday features could help you a lot in building a high-converting page.

Hope your business is successful and gains more sales everyday!

Cheers!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

hori_tran
Shopify Partner
142 16 54

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @QueenB ,

As a fellow store owner who also struggled at first, here are my personal recommendations for you.

I.  Your product page:

- Add realistic images taken by yourself to increase customer trust.

- Add image to customer reviews ( some Shopify review apps can help)

II. Overview of your site:

There are 3 main reasons to get a good conversion rate:
1. you must have a winning product.
2. Your store is professional-looking and high-converting
I visited your website. your products and web design are very nice. I like them. But I saw something, this may be helpful to get a higher conversion rate:
- add a best seller category
- The slide banner with great visuals with your products and the "call to action" button. the slide banner should show the benefits of your products ( you can choose the best sellers to describe), your events, your discounts (Black Friday is coming, right?)
- Show promotion and a great shipping policy on the top

hori_tran_0-1637548360156.png

- add realistic product images
- make videos to attract customers and increase time on site
- pop up chat and support staff
- I saw you added reviews for each product (some Shopify review apps can help to add more). But don't forget to add JSON LD to your site to display your reviews on Google search by SEO app. (This SEO app I use 1 year: https://bit.ly/2YxoOYC)

hori_tran_1-1637549390313.png

- SEO: your mobile version is not good. Heading tags, Meta tags, keywords are not optimized. To handle this I usually use the above SEO app.

3. Effective and diverse marketing strategies including ads, email marketing, SEO, etc
For me, step 3 is where most people including myself could go wrong. My advice for small stores starting out with a limited budget would be to invest 80% on ads and 20% on SEO. At first, you need to prioritize ads for quick sales but never miss out on SEO as it helps you grow your online presence sustainably with an affordable strategy. By the way, there's no need to hire a costly SEO expert as there are some free SEO apps that offer good service.
Just my personal recommendations. Hope it helps

-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Thank you and have a nice work!!!

View solution in original post