Congratulations on your store launch! You've done a great job!
Here is my feedback as a first time visitor to your store:
On the homepage, I like that you have a video, looks great and very professional. As I scrolled down I saw the reviews - great to have but there are too many for the homepage. I'd recommend picking out the top 3 or if you want to add more, display them in a slider rather than a vertical line.
After you've freed up space, I'd recommend using the homepage to educate the visitor. One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? What words or phrases do they use that you can as well to show that you understand their needs. You have that information on the individual products but due to the theme you've chosen (which I'll get into more in my next point) it's kind of pushed all the way to the bottom and will likely be missed.
My next pieces of feedback have to do with your theme choice.
First, the navigation, they have a little hamburger icon in the top left. The eye is trained to look for that menu bar so it makes it hard to find at first glace. People will likely click on your "Amber Teething Necklaces" link on the homepage before they notice the hamburger icon or your visitors might miss it completely.
Next, when you click on a product, the image is so big that it takes up my entire screen. I can't see a price, a description or the add to cart button unless I scroll down. This is not good, you want to make the purchasing process as simple and quick as possible for your customers.
My last piece of advice is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will take your product title and the description and add that into your SEO (which is what is happening in your case).
A common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We hear from a lot of store owners A LOT that they get a lot of traffic but no conversions, it typically comes down to them getting the wrong kind of traffic. We’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can target your intended audience:
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!
Best of luck!
PS: If you need some graphics for your store for Black Friday, we just released a free pack. They look like this:
They come in 4 different colors and have percentage variations ranging from 20%-80% off. You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.
Hey there, @Irena!
Welcome to Shopify, Irena! We’re glad you’re here and would be happy to take a look at your store.
First, the good:
Now let’s dive into the feedback, starting on the homepage:
Main Navigation/hamburger menu
Overall, you have a solid foundation here. You’ve put in a ton of work and it shows. At this point, you need to
Visitor behavior is going to play a huge role here, and it’s going to pay off as you grow your business. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.
I hope this helps! Good luck!
Cheers - Danny
Hi @Irena !
Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design. Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided.
If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.
Hello @Irena, I hope you are doing good! Here is some feedback on your store:
- Display products & collections on the homepage and then display reviews. On the homepage, you have just displayed the reviews so display the products.
- Add policies- privacy, shipping, returns & refund.
- You need to engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add web push notifications which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers.
If your store is engaging then it will help you to reduce Customer Churn Rate i.e percentage of customers who stop purchasing from your brand and will also increase your customer retention.
Hope this helps!
If you are looking to implement customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.
I made these changes, as you all suggested:
✅• Left only 3 reviews on the homepage (with the opportunity to check all reviews on my Etsy shop);
✅• Now I educate my visitors about my product on the home page - there is more information (even visuals);
• Second US mention removed;
• Video is shortened now and the logo at the end removed;
• Contact me - moved to the top & welcome message added;
• YouTube - professional account created;
• "Shop" instead of "Products" in the main navigation - done.
1) What do you think about my homepage now?
2) How can I change theme code to fix these problems: a hamburger & product page?
3) Is the speed of my website good from your side, because in my Shopify admin zone I see score 34 for my shop speed?
4) What do you think about pop-up message when the visitors try to left the website?
I haven't made yet (list for me):
❗• Change theme or code for a hamburger, because I don't know what code to change yet or which similar free theme to choose;
❗• Change theme or code for product page, because I don't know what code to change yet or which similar free theme to choose;
• Haven't used click heatmaps yet to see how the visitors are moving across the store;
• Haven't changed the default newsletter text yet;
• Contact me - haven't found out how to remove the phone number field yet (contact Shopify);
• Education about the product from the main menu;
• Refine, reduce product page description + visible "How to Use" + sizing + linking to blog post + refine photos + knowledge gaps;
• Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using a Social Media account;
• Adding Instagram galleries on the homepage;
• Trust indicators on the homepage.
Thank you all! Irena from www.amber-guru.com 🧡
Connect your PayPal account to allow your customers to checkout using the PayPal gateway a...By Ollie Jul 28, 2022