What if I only want to sell online?

cpaschall
1 0 0

If I plan to only sell my products online, would shopify be a good platform for me?  Or do I need a physical location as well?

Replies 2 (2)
Shay
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1047 162 214

Hi @cpaschall 

That's a great question to ask! Thank you for joining our community forums and sharing your question here. 

In short, you do not need a physical store to make the most out of Shopify! Shopify is tailored for e-commerce and is a great option for online only businesses as well as businesses with a physical storefront or location who want to sell online as well. 

The great thing about the platform is that it is flexible and can grow and move with your business as you expand or dial back depending on your unique business model. You can sell online only, you can sell at pop-up events or from a booth, or through a retail store direct. Whichever option works for you, Shopify can support that. 

I really recommend reviewing our Gettings Started With Shopify course as it covers all the basics of getting started with an ecommerce business. If you have any specific questions about launching your online store please don't hesitate to reach out and let us know. 

-Shay

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

@cpaschall, I hope you are doing well! This is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Well, you can start selling on Shopify store, it's not necessary to have a physical store.

All The Best!!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.