White Space Below Hero.

lilyyp
Excursionist
30 0 17

Hi!

I am looking to get rid of the large white space between my hero slideshow and the collections section on the homepage on mobile only! Desktop looks great but on mobile there is a big space. I would like to move the collections section up a bit more. My URL is liveinbungalow.com. Thank you! 

Replies 3 (3)
Ollie
Shopify Staff
422 47 73

Hey @lilyyp.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate the context that you shared about the space you would like to have reduced. Could you let us know which theme you are using? If you are unsure about which theme is live on your store, you can navigate to the Theme Editor and select the three dots that are located towards the top left of the page. I took a screenshot from my test store to show you the section I am referring to:

26-57-15287-15336

Looking forward to your reply.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

lilyyp
Excursionist
30 0 17

Hi @Ollie 

I am using the Brooklyn theme. Thanks! 

Ollie
Shopify Staff
422 47 73

Hey @lilyyp.

Thanks for the quick reply and letting me know which theme is being used.

Based on Human Factor International’s research, white space helps increase the comprehension factor by nearly 20%. Added white space gives emphasis to your call to action buttons and key information. White space lets your visitors breathe and appreciate the website better since things are laid out well and easy to spot. A great article for reference on this research is Why Whitespace is so important in web design.

With that being said, if you are interested in reducing the white space that is appearing between the slideshow and collection section on the online store. We can look to use free design time for Shopify themes to allow our internal themes team to make changes on your behalf. Since the Brooklyn theme is designed and supported by Shopify, you can login to your store using our Contact Us page. This will allow us to securely verify you as the store owner before discussing the changes you would like to see on your store with a Support Advisor.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog