FROM CACHE - en_header

Who knew feedback was so hard to get?

Gareth2711
Tourist
8 0 1

Hey folks. I wonder if anyone would be so kind as to have a look through my website and give me some feedback on it?

The main store is an e-commerce store. However, the main little project I have been working on is a comparison site for fitness services and personal trainers(link below). I was really struggling to get any credibility behind the idea itself so stupidly just went ahead and built the service. I'm now at the point of looking to run some small ads and get trainers on board, but desperately need some feedback on the site itself.

Any help would be so greatly appreciated.

Warm Regard,

Gareth Ellison.

https://www.home-fitness-world.co.uk/pages/compare

PS loading speed is slow so will need to download an app to load only top section of website first. Also using dummy trainers until I get sign ons.

PPS if anyone knows a great form builder with upload function that would be awesome!

Replies 2 (2)
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
352 67 210

Hey there, @Gareth2711!  

Welcome to Shopify! This is a great community for feedback, but there’s another great place for feedback as well - your visitors! When you use visitor behavior, you can see exactly what your visitors are doing and why they aren’t converting. 

Let me explain.

Starting with your Compare landing page, it looks pretty clean. However, your hero image text doesn’t do a lot to explain what you do. It says, “Independently compare the best online fitness services and personal trainers in the UK.”  When I look around though, it’s not about comparing anything.

• Add class/trainer ratings
  • Run a poll to see what your visitors are interested in
  • Move your currency localization up. I didn’t initially see it at the very bottom. 

Basically, refocus your text. Based on the poll, is it more important to book from one place or to easily browse options? You have so many value props here, from “Location no longer matters” or “Book it all seamlessly in one place.” that it can be all lost. Reprioritize.

Use a heatmap, which shows you where people click or scroll, to analyze your homepage. How far do people scroll? Where are they clicking?

Advice: Be careful of using times in schedules without a time zone included. You want everyone to understand what that class would offer and when to tune in. 

I’m ignoring the dummy placement holders. 🙂 

Let’s talk about your main navigation. This is my red flag. While it makes sense to sell exercise equipment at the same place of booking an online fitness class, it doesn’t flow right now. 

1. Even on the homepage, it’s clunky. It’s not seamlessly integrated. You’re promoting resistance bands, but I would have no idea you sell anything else. There has to be an easier way to knit the two sides to your business together.
  2. Keep the “Here to help” drop-down links in the footer rather than the main navigation. It would allow you to expand out your main navigation a bit if needed. Look at session recordings, which capture everything that happened during a visit, to see how people move around your store. My experience tells me that they probably aren’t using your main navigation as much as you would like.

I would settle on your main focus and build it out here. Instead of hiding it in the Online Fitness Training drop-down, is there an easier/better way to feature it? 

Speaking of your drop-downs, they aren’t working. I’m not sure if that’s intentional (i.e., pages not created yet) or not. 

Lastly, watch your footer. It needs some updating (i.e., Upcoming features located in two places). I’m missing any contact information. Even on your contact page, there’s no other way to contact you. Be sure to include your email address and phone number in the footer as well as the Contact Us page. 

Also in the footer

• Expand on your shipping policy. Don’t make visitors wait until check out to see shipping. 
  • I would remove Upcoming Features. Unless you’re a SaaS, no one is really going to care what you’re about to add. Additionally, the page isn’t providing that information. It’s a page-long advertisement instead. 

Basically, you’re on the right path here, Gareth! You’ve put in the work to create the start of what will be a great store though. I think your concept will really catch on! 

Though you may not have many visitors now, use their behavior as you grow your business to see what’s stopping them from converting.  Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month. 

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

I’m the co-founder of Lucky Orange, one of the top recommended Shopify apps to grow sales. More than 26,000+ merchants use our app and have left us more than 600 5-star reviews.

We’re also proud to be a Shopify Plus partner.

-Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
-Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
Gareth2711
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi Danny. Firstly thank you so much for taking time out to look through my website, and to send such a detailed response with so many golden nuggets!🙏🏼 Very kind of you good sir. 

I'm a little confused by your first comments, however. I want to nail the basis of what we do in terms of the service we provide. So it needs to be clear and concise leaving no confusion. Clearly, this hasn't been done. I wanted to convey what we offered in the opening line. Which I think was accomplished? Then when they scroll down they are met with the 2 main services we offer. Which is comparing personal online trainers and group fitness services. The option below is just confirming the main advantage. Which is, book it all from one place. Does this not seem clear? I would be keen to know.

I take your point about class and trainer ratings. I had this jotted down as a must-have for comparing trainers. However, I did not want to introduce this at such an early stage. I know first hand, that if you start off with a couple of bad reviews it can be detrimental to getting any more clients. My plan was to ask clients for trainer reviews, however, not to show these until at least 5+ reviews giving a more accurate indication of the trainer or class performance?

How would you advise to run a poll? It's a good shout. But I struggled for any feedback at all on the service to test the idea out. I think the only way to do this would be to send a very brief feedback survey out to clients who have used the service already? Maybe ask them what information would be most important to them to compare, and would they like a reviewing system in place?

"Basically, refocus your text. Based on the poll, is it more important to book from one place or to easily browse options?"

Thanks for your comments. I was hoping that both of these points would be key selling points. Why would I only want to stick with one instead of highlighting all the key selling points? Surely the more advantages offered to the service the better. A selling tactic should be to outline them all no?

"You have so many value props here, from “Location no longer matters” or “Book it all seamlessly in one place.” that it can be all lost. Reprioritize."

I do take your next point. Thank you for pointing it out. Maybe I am trying too hard to sell the idea to customers, rather than outlining 'what we do', and letting the customer decide if it is a worthwhile service. Maybe allow the idea itself to sell. Counterproductive maybe in pushing too far with the selling of it all?

"Let’s talk about your main navigation. This is my red flag. While it makes sense to sell exercise equipment at the same place of booking an online fitness class, it doesn’t flow right now."

Another great point that I was concerned about. So here's what I wanted; People to land on the site and the first thing they see is a split-screen. Simply, Shop button/option(with maybe a small description below), then on the other side would be a different background image with a button saying Fitness Comparison Service, or simply compare. Again quick description. Then below some equipment articles and maybe top personal trainers and classes etc. But I can't seem to change the homepage with my web builder app. It won't allow me to change the homepage. This is something I will look into if it is putting people off straight away. This is something I will look into this end. Thank you. I wanted to keep the focus on the comparison service, as that is the one I will be mainly advertising. The menu at the top for the e-commerce side still all needs linked up. Any suggestions would be incredible however.

"I would settle on your main focus and build it out here. Instead of hiding it in the Online Fitness Training drop-down, is there an easier/better way to feature it? "

On the front page, the very same links on this menu are littered down the page via 'find out more' buttons etc. Is this what you mean? Do you think I should maybe put a framework at the top to let customers navigate by buttons the minute they land? These pages were again more for selling to customers, the advantages of online fitness. More for reference if they want them. Do you think this should be changed?

The whole footer section is a mess and needs to be revamped. This was part of the original website when I was starting off. It looks unprofessional, however, so I will be amending this before launch.

Re the lucky orange and heatmap. I never knew such a thing even existed but sounds invaluable feedback to get. I will be setting this up before starting. Thank you so much. I'm working my way through Lean Analytics at the moment, so will be nailing this before starting up. Little tips like this can make a HUGE difference. 🙏🏼

Apologies for the length of this email. If you don't have time, don't worry about replying. I think I've used enough of it already. I just wanted to thank you again for your generosity in taking time out to give someone valuable feedback. Messages like these can and probably will be the difference in succeeding. I've taken so much away from it and will be getting to work. Already a list of tasks to take away. 🙏🏼

Gareth.