I’ve had my shop for a few months now and I need help driving people to my site and generating sales. It’ll show that people are visiting the site but no one is purchasing anything.
how do I generate more traffic and actually get people to buy my products !?
Can you provide me a store URL link?
Just take a look at your store and have some suggestions for you:
- I think the "About me" section should be "About us". And you need to add the CTA button to your banner.
- When you show this product on your homepage, you need to have some reasons, right. Like "The deal of the week" or "Featured product".
Or maybe you can have a Featured Product section and add Quickview buttons on products to allow your customers to see more product details faster.
- I've seen your Instagram, so instead of this normal gallery, you can create a shoppable Instagram gallery for your store.
If you want to create one, check out this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery. It has a free plan and also very easy-to-use.
- I think with skincare products, you need to have more descriptions. I think your description now is quite short.
And add Sticky Add to Cart button to make your customers add the products easier when they scroll down.
- Where is your footer? Contact us, FAQ, Policy, etc. Your customers need more information to trust you.
- And when you analyze your analytics, you need to go deeper. What product pages do your customers visit? How long they stay?
When you have more data, you will be able to find the reasons.
Hope this helps!
I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Landing Page Builder.
Congrats on your new store, I have spent some time looking at your store and want to give you some feedback, hope it would be helpful to you:
I- Home page
- You should make a sticky header- a fixed menu bar will help users navigate to the other pages easily, and they will not need to scroll back and forth anytime they need to visit a page.
- You should add a CTA button to your hero image that leads to your featured/best-selling products to increase conversion rates
- You should have direct stand-alone links to “Return policy” and “Shipping Info” in the footer: Footer is known for the first place users would use to find “Return policy” and “Shipping info” of a website; when people struggle to search for such information, it will cause delay in product browsing. And in some cases, users would reconsider if they want to use the site to make their purchase.
II- Collection pages
- You should include both the user rating average and number of ratings on the product list items. This is one of the crucial elements for users’ purchasing decisions. They will rely on both to decide whether they should explore further a product.
- Just a small suggestion, you should make all the product images align with each other and they should have the same sizes to make the site look more professional
- You should consider using “Load more” button instead of “Pagination”, this allows users to actively decide whether they need to see more products, and easily assess their favorite products in one page.
- I'd suggest you add secondary image on hover to add extra visual information and help users easily evaluate products
III- Product pages
- Having a full understanding of products is crucial for users to make a purchasing decision. Therefore, I would recommend you provide at least 3-5 images of products for all products.
- It is great to see you already have a form for users to submit their reviews. Besides that, I would recommend you display reviews on your product page as well, since normally, users often rely on reviews to judge a product besides product detail descriptions and other info given by a site since they consider them more legit and authentic. You can refer to Estee Lauder's website for more details: https://www.esteelauder.com/product/688/77737/product-catalog/skincare/moisturizer/revitalizing-supr...
Besides that, we have a lot of best practices and tips for conversion rate optimizaton on this guide. Hope you will be interested in.
You can also check out PageFly, we have brought solutions to over 100,000 merchants in the world, which you can build professional and beautiful stores effectively, without needing any coding knowledge.
Above is my recommendation on your store. If you find it helpful please hit LIKE and MARK AS SOLUTION.
Best of luck!
Hello @Lamarieskin ,
I have gone through your Store , you have a Pretty Good Collection.
Let me please honestly Share my feedback so that it may help you.
I would like to Suggest you to :
--> ADD RETURNS & REFUND POLICY : According to a study, over 60% of customers review a Returns Policy before they make a purchasing decision.
The Returns Policy is the document that covers the situation where a customer wants to bring a purchased item back and exchange it for cash,
a replacement product, or store credit.
Having a good Return Policy for your store is important for keeping your sales practices in line with the law, but also for retaining customers.
Visitors have a right to know what information you are collecting. It may be obvious that you are collecting personal details by asking them to complete a form, but you should make it clear. You should also include information logged by your servers, such as hostnames and IP addresses.
--> ADD SHIPPING POLICIES : A shipping policy is a concise document or webpage that outlines important information around shipping when an order is placed online.
It often includes details on shipping costs and methods, delivery times, and more.
--> ADD CONTACT US : Your ‘Contact Us’ page plays an important role in turning your website visitors your customers by providing them with a place
where they can find all your contact details easily
Apart from your potential customers, your ‘Contact Us’ page also allows investors and advertisers to get in touch with you, and we all know how important both these entities can be for the success of any business.
--> ADD BLOGS : A blog can maintain your marketing strategy and structure your relevant content, attract new clients & can promote the formation of a community
around your website and organization
The ultimate goal in creating blogs is to drive as much traffic to your website as possible. When you create a blog post this creates one more indexed page on your website,
meaning it’s one more opportunity for you to show up in search engines and drive traffic to your website.
--> ADD TRUST BADGES : A trust badge is a logo or a symbol that you display on your site to assure a visitor that your business is legitimate
They ensure that visitors feel safe to share their information and can comfortably put their trust on your website
Customer trust is a key brand differentiator that can make or break a business. It’s integral to a company’s self-perseverance and long-term sustainability.
--> ADD SOCIAL LOGIN : Social login, also known as social sign-in , uses information from social networking sites to facilitate logins on third-party applications and platforms. The process is designed to simplify sign-in and registration experiences, providing a convenient alternative to mandatory account creation.
Not only , can it enhance the user’s experience on your site—no need to fill out a registration form or remember yet more password—it also allows marketers to gather more accurate data, including verified email addresses, age, gender, relationship status, and interests.
Also I Suggest you to add a Rewards Program.
--> ADD REWARDS AND CREDITS : If you want lifetime customers, you not only have to continuously prove that your product is worth what they’re paying for it, you also have to give them that something extra. Show them that you’re the expert in your field and reward them for their loyalty.
A loyalty program may also help you to stand out amongst your competition, giving you the upper hand and making you appear more customer-centric than other brands.
Here are some other benefits of a customer loyalty program:
--> Identify your best customers.
--> Reduce advertising costs
--> Acquire new customers.
--> Move customers up the buying ladder
--> Credits To increase the orders, and make customers to buy the products with rewards and store credits. You can provide rewards for Registration, subscription, Order credits, Cart Value, Item review, Monthly, Birth day, Referral and many more.
Apart from these things your Store looks Good , Hope this helps you.
At the top of the page your hero image is killing you.It occupies the best real estate.
And it should Demand Attention!
Images communicate 60,000 times faster than text.
You've got an image-focused design but your images look drained.
You need bold graphics that immediately engage the user and draw them in.
A hero image is the #1 best tool for communicating a message.
It's an introduction, elevator pitch, it immediately tells the visitor what your purpose is.
What you're wanting is an image that shows not just how a product looks but how it works.
An image that has an emotional impact, inspires, and reinforces the call to action, that is written on top of it.
The best way to sell a product is to let the product sell itself.
Emotion Overrides Logic!
Make sure the call to action has contrast in its colors, to make it jump out of the design and stand out the most on the page.
Show real people the same age as your target market and have them looking in the direction of the call to action.
Design different images for different devices to help with website load times.
Looking at what major corporations are saying ...
Google discovered that 53% of mobile users abandon sites that take 3 seconds to load.
Google also limits the number of crawlers if your site is slower than two seconds.
Amazon showed they would lose $1.6 BILLION a year for every one second slow down.
Walmart said when they improved page load time by one second conversions increased by 2%.
AutoAnything said they saw a 12-13% increase in sales after cutting page load time in half.
All it takes is milliseconds to snap someone out of the zone.
Google said your site needs to have the first content paint in under a second and be fully loaded in under 2 seconds.
Your website takes 3.4 seconds for the first bite and 7.0 for the largest.
Speed outsell everything.
You can have a car pick you up in five minutes.
A pizza delivered in 20 ...
Groceries in 60 ...
Answers to any question in 0.3 seconds because at 0.5 Google saw a 20% drop in traffic.
Friction is anything you put between someone and the completion of a task. It can be anything from waiting for a website to load, to a pop-up, or even having to click to find a product.
Friction equals time and time equals money.
So you are in the business of removing friction, which means making things as fast and easy as possible which in turn saves you time and money.
And remove all links to social media platforms.
1.) They bleed pagerank and hurt your Google’s rankings.
2.) They can get you fined.
3.) And they send your traffic to a site you don’t control.
You want to get traffic from the social media sites and not send traffic to the social media sites.
And tests by major corporations have shown that they actually hurt more than they help with regards to likes and shares …the only reason for having them.
Your goal should be to get someone on the site and convert them into a customer and not to increase likes and shares.
Likes and shares on social media sites should come from the people that are currently on the social media sites and not from people on your site that are ready to make a purchase.
And your website should be designed in such a way that it's able to generate traffic without you having to do a thing...and one way this happens is by optimizing your images.
Take all your images and optimize them for the search engines.
Done correctly it’ll pay for itself because images are normally easy to rank, because nobody has the time to optimize them correctly.
And the way you do this is by making a list of keywords that get good traffic and show buyer intent for your product.
You name the name of the folder you're putting your images in the name of your main keyword.
And you name the images the name of the keyword that best describes the image.
You add alt text targeting the keyword you used in the image name. Good descriptive alt text with the keyword you want to rank for included in the text. Keep in mind that this is the text that shows when the image is loading and when a screen reader describes the image.
This will improve web load times and intern improve Google rankings.
And then optimize your descriptions with a call to action and use the 325 character limit because the idea is to rank the images, get free traffic, and have the site pay for itself.
Awesome Shopify store and congrats on getting it up and running!
Connect your PayPal account to allow your customers to checkout using the PayPal gateway a...By Ollie Jul 28, 2022