I saw your store. Firstly please stop any paid campaigns if you are running.
There are lot of things you need to add on your store.
Contact address on contact page
About us page need more content and image of Store or store owner.
Are you providing free shipping or discount on your store ? If yes please utilise shopify promo bar on top.
When I check shorts the drop-down is not saying colour name it's just saying code as 25 21 and so on
What's the shipping time of the products in your local country?
Add shipping page.
Before I get into my feedback, I wanted to let you know that we are giving away prizes every week leading up to Christmas. Prizes include things like custom logos and favicons, custom store banners, one hour of store tweaks and for one lucky person, we are giving away a complete store re-design. To get your entry in, all you need to do is sign up for our email newsletter. Oh, and we are giving away FREE Christmas store banners and pop up graphics automatically to everyone who signs up.
Now, onto my feedback..
First, I'll go over a few things about the layout of your website.
You've got a mega menu which displays your products and although it's aesthetically pleasing, it's essentially a re-peat of your products page. I don't think you need the mega menu, I would keep it simple and do a vertical, text-only dropdown.
With your products, instead of adding two products and then variations of that product, create a separate product for each variation. I thought that you only sold two board shorts. If a visitor sees that main photo and doesn't like the design, they aren't going to click and therefore wont see all of the other options you offer.
Next, the text on your page, specifically your taglines should be changed. On your logo you have "SeaSide" with the tagline "Don't Miss Out!" I would change this to tell what it is you sell instead. On your homepage, that main banner image has the text "SeaSide" with the tagline "Check Out the Clothing". One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? What words or phrases do they use that you can as well to show that you understand their needs. This point leads me into my next suggestion which is..
Your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. A common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We walk you through how to do your SEO in this video:
My last recommendation has to do with your lack of sales. Now, there could be a few things contributing but one thing that stands out to me is your choice of products. You are offering products that are easily accessible and not in high demand. Board shorts and t-shirts are items that can be purchased in big box stores and purchased online through them or Amazon. When you search any of these types of items, this is who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers. People with well known, well established brands with massive marketing budgets.
I'd recommend setting yourself apart by researching what is currently trending in your niche and not easily accessible and focus on selling that. I have more to say on finding the right products and dropshipping success, I go over everything in this video so please give it a watch:
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!
This is PageFly.
I would love to share my recommendations for your store and I hope this can help you with my conversion rate optimization and design experience.
1. Home page
Basically, the layout is logical, good, and make sure the 5-second test. It means that customers can immediately know what your store is selling.
1.1 Add a section to introduce your store
I highly recommend you should add a section to introduce your store to customers. I notice that you have an About us page so you should take the content from that page and add an image.
1.2 Add customers reviews/ testimonials
People love proof, especially when they visit a store and see many good reviews, they will be willing to shop! So you should add testimonials/product reviews to your store. They can be placed for each product or even a review collection on your home page. I have a demo template below
1.3 Add social media
You can consider adding your store's social such as Instagram, etc with images. This is a good way to connect you better with your customers and keep them updating.
I recommend you should add social media account with images, for example, Facebook or Instagram feed.
1.4 Adding direct links for the "Return Policies" And "Shipping Infor" on the footer
2. Product page
I take this page for example https://www.seaside.com.co/collections/t-shirts-1/products/surfing
2.1 Add more 3-5 images from multiple angles
Showing a product from multiple angles helps customers have a full understanding as if they are checking and looking at it in person. Each angle must be unique and show new information about your product, this encourages customers to take action and increase more trust as well.
You also need to show human model images that the model wears the shirt on so customers can have a general view of the product. Only showing the shirt will make customers hard to demonstrate the product.
2.2 Add reviews or rating stars for the product
Product reviews are one of the most vital tools so customers will determine to buy your products or not. You should add 3-6 reviews. Moreover, you can add rating stars under the product description as well.
What helps you to build your store more easily is a page builder. It would be a good choice for you to have attractive and powerful pages quickly and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly.
Above are my recommendations for your store and it's really important to customize attractive and unique pages to increase conversion rate.
If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!
Hello @SeaSide, I hope you are doing good! here is the feedback:
- Setup announcement bars or timers to promote your offers on the store. AiTrillion has pre-designed templates of announcement bar, timer & sales motivator bars.
- Give product recommendations on the homepage like trending, new, recently viewed by personalizing the shopping experience of the customers.
- Retarget customers with the help of web push notifications even when they are not in your store.
- Setup newsletter subscription with automatic emails with thankyou and discount coupon.
- Showcase reviews on the homepage. It helps in building trust with other visitors.
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.
Hope this Helps!
Hi @SeaSide !
I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.
Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
Your store looks good you only need to have some in-store marketing tactics to convert your visitors into paying customers. I would like to add some suggestions that may prove fruitful for your business.
* Keep track of your Abandoned Carts and collect the email ids of your potential buyers. This way you can retarget those potential buyers with reminders and customized offers. You can retarget them through email campaigns, web push notifications, and cart reminders. This mechanism will help you get some early conversions. You can Abandoned Cart Recovery email app by Care Cart to implement these three strategies to retarget your lost customers.
* Secondly, build some social proof to the website. Show your audience live traffic on the counter and recent sales notifications. This will boost up buyer's confidence and this will help in getting some sales too eventually.
* Try to make your store more interactive by adding some meaningful gamification. For example, Spin a Wheel sale small game can help you engage your customers to earn discount codes particularly in the Christmas and holiday season. You can check Wheelify App from Care Cart to apply this interactivity setup. This strategy will reduce your bounce rate, store exits, and abandoned carts as well.
I see a lot of Christmas off-flavor on your website which is really good. You can just add spin a sale wheel stuff here to give it more emphasis.
* I see that your Facebook page connected to your website is the personal one. I would recommend making a Facebook business page and then invite all your friends and family to generate a community. Share your Christmas offers, products, and add exciting yet simple video content to build the hype. All these social media efforts will eventually pay off to generate traffic on the website. Currently, the social media organic efforts seem minimum. Try to be active on those pages too to build a community. Hope this helps and good luck