Why is my speed so slow?

NiceNaughtyCEO
1 0 2

Hey I'm wondering why the speed levels on my site is so low can somebody help? Also any constructive criticism on my webpage I did everything myself. Please micro manage me!!! 

www.nicenaughty.shop

Hi @NiceNaughtyCEO 

This is PageFly - Free Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendation for your store based on 5 years of providing solutions for about 100.000 active Shopify merchants.

Regarding your questions, I would like to give you the reasons for the slow loading speed and some thought of mine on your store.

First of all, here is the report on PageSpeed Insights on your page:

Untitled.png

Although the PC version is working great, the mobile one is not so much. As you did everything yourself, I suggest you should reduce unused JavaScript or use the preload attribute for critical resources. Contact PageFly - Free Landing Page Builder via live chat if you want to find a solution to build a speedy page coding free. 

Second, I would like to give you some suggestions for improvement. Hope you find it valuable

But before we dive in, I have to give you some credit here. You’ve put in some hard work and it shows. 

After going through your page, here is my thoughts on your home page:

Hero banner: 

hero .png

• Make the hero banner full-width: by making it full-width, you can make your website look much more open, and when the customers arrive at your page, they will have the first impression of who you are, what you’re selling and what messages you’re trying to deliver. 
  • Optimize the slideshow: You should choose 1 single picture, which can accentuate the products you're selling, per slide. 
  • Click-to-action button: At first, I didn’t realize you’re using a CTA to your product because it kind of blends in with other buttons you have on your slide. Try to make it stand out by putting it in the middle and change it to a different color. Or you can just eliminate other unnecessary buttons. 
  • Utilize your navigation bar: Instead of putting it all in the Menu, you can use some navigation to guide your customer to your products more easily. Something like Home | Tops | Bottoms | Handbags | Collections | Contact Us would be helpful.

Products: 

aasasd.png

• Optimize the products pictures: This part you’ve done a great job by putting on sale campaigns to create FOMO effect and making a CTA button while hovering over the products. To make it perfect, I suggest you optimize the media by customizing the picture to be in the same size and more focus on the products you’re trying to sell. (the “Luvable shorts” and “Motto Drop Top” are good examples)

Others: 

• Testimonials: This is a great way to build trust and earn loyal customers for your brand. It also helps to increase the conversion rate dramatically. Here is a good example of testimonials displayed on homepage:

asdasd.png

• Sign up form: Do you know email marketing ROI is 4200% ($42 for every $1 spent)? By creating a sign-up form, you not only get an insights on how many customers are truly interested in your brand but it also seamlessly helps you create an email list for your next email marketing campaign. I suggest you add a signup form in the footer or create a signup form pop-up for your page.

Overall, your page looks good with a clean layout and good taste of fashion style. And if you looking for a page building solution to turn your vision into high-converting page, you always have the opts for PageFly Page BuilderPageFly has a free plan with 1 customized Home page, 1 customized landing / regular page, 1 customized Product page, 1 customized Collection page, 1 customized Blog post page as well as all our templates and I believe our product can satisfy your need.

If these feedback about the homepage is helpful, please give me a "like". Thank you so much and I hope your business is successful! 

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Get insightful tips to hit more sales in upcoming BFCM.

0 Likes

Hello. There could be several reasons why your website speed is so slow. You may have unoptimized images which is very common. Anything over 1mb could be a problem. You could also have JavaScript issues as well. If you would like me to take a look at it for I would be happy to help.

0 Likes
MS-WEB-DESIGNER
Shopify Partner
2877 180 493

Dear @NiceNaughtyCEO 

Regarding speed:

Reducing load time depends on a number of factors such as:

• Removal of obsolete/ unused/ junk code (JS and CSS codes)
  • Removal of Apps that affects the performance of the store
  • Reducing the image quality of high-resolution images

Talk to an expert to improve speed.

Hope the following feedback will help you

At header:

murheader.png

• At footer: Open social profiles at new tab, remove "powered by shopify", add newsletter section
  • Add Trust Badge and Highlight your USP. 
  • Banner adding on Collection page - Make your collection page stand out with interesting & creative collection banners. Example of Good Collection Page
  • Product page layout needs to improve

• Use cart popup

cartpopup.png

• Cart page layout needs to improve

cartpageexample.png

• There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. We suggest you install a Free app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes it easy for the customer to read your terms and policies. 

Boost your sale with this App:

Voila Shopify app  adds a highly efficient cart feature proven to reduce cart abandonment and boost sales. (Show multiple Discount coupon code on cart page )

Click Here to Hire Shopify Store Customization Experts
Boost Conversions & Average Order Value with this
Best App for Sticky Add To Cart
0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1403 124 376

@NiceNaughtyCEO I would invest first in your branding and user experience. Your speed isn't bad. There are things you could do but I think more important is creating branding so people trust purchasing form your site.

1) Get a professional logo, this is a key representation to the quality of your business.

2) Include messaging about your brand, especially on the home page (what is your brand about and what makes it cool / unique)

3) Create a compelling About page that connects your brand with the customer, and put a link to that in the main navigation.

Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders / customers + auto fulfillment + more automations).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (1st performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts + app developers).
More apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing), Tip Jar (add a tip button), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid).