Solved

Why is my unique golf polo store not converting traffic?

james_hobart
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi,

I’ve recently set up a store on unique golf polos. I’m getting some good traffic after my 1st Facebook ad but no conversion.  Any pointers and tips (criticism) would be highly appreciated. 

caddiecouture.com

Accepted Solution (1)

Drew_K
Shopify Partner
23 5 0

This is an accepted solution.

Hello James! Your store looks really really good, I like it. It's design is clean and very bright. Well done!

As for some improvements, here's my suggestion list:

1) add links to collections to the header menu. As I see, your store has only one collection, but if possible, consider adding multiple collections. It will have a positive impact on SEO and also will fill the menu (now the "Shop All" looks very lonely)

2) You have awesome banners on the home page, make them clickable to allow users to easily navigate to the shown products or hot deals (or collections)

3) I like the "Share" button

4) For me, it's pretty hard to read the product description. Try making it wider or break into more paragraphs. The overall styling is good (as well as highlighted subheadings), but still, something is preventing me from feeling comfortable while reading the text

5) I think, I know this theme - it has one disadvantage: if a product is out of stock AND it is selected, nothing happens. I mean, if I choose such a product, the image won't be changed and the button text will be hardly crossed out. I don't know how it works in your store but check it. If it works the same way, make it a little more obvious, because users might think that something is broken.

Wish you luck with your store! I really like it 🙂

Shopify and web developer
Get a free store review or consultation here: https://drew-k.com

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)

Drew_K
Shopify Partner
23 5 0

This is an accepted solution.

Hello James! Your store looks really really good, I like it. It's design is clean and very bright. Well done!

As for some improvements, here's my suggestion list:

1) add links to collections to the header menu. As I see, your store has only one collection, but if possible, consider adding multiple collections. It will have a positive impact on SEO and also will fill the menu (now the "Shop All" looks very lonely)

2) You have awesome banners on the home page, make them clickable to allow users to easily navigate to the shown products or hot deals (or collections)

3) I like the "Share" button

4) For me, it's pretty hard to read the product description. Try making it wider or break into more paragraphs. The overall styling is good (as well as highlighted subheadings), but still, something is preventing me from feeling comfortable while reading the text

5) I think, I know this theme - it has one disadvantage: if a product is out of stock AND it is selected, nothing happens. I mean, if I choose such a product, the image won't be changed and the button text will be hardly crossed out. I don't know how it works in your store but check it. If it works the same way, make it a little more obvious, because users might think that something is broken.

Wish you luck with your store! I really like it 🙂

james_hobart
Tourist
4 0 2
Thanks for your feedback. I really appreciate it.
Drew_K
Shopify Partner
23 5 0

I'm glad to help you! Don't hesitate to ask other question if any 🙂

permar
Shopify Partner
24 2 3

I like those points.

Get Permar AI  | Helping Shopify merchants grow with high-converting online stores!
  • - Do you want to higher conversion rates? Create your optimised landing pages with Permar
  • - Do you want to know how to improve your store? Then do an AI Audit
  • - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution .

PageFly-Garcia
Shopify Partner
454 74 128

Hi @james_hobart , 
I'm Garcia from PageFly - Shopify Advanced Page Builder App. From my CRO expertise, I’d love to give you my suggestions as hereby:

1. Have a sticky header

This will help customers navigate from every part of the homepage to any page of your store more conveniently.

PageFlyGarcia_0-1696472889368.png

2. Change hero banner

The banner holds immense importance in hero material. It's the very first element that greets visitors upon entering your website. Let's ensure that consumers instantly grasp what you offer within a mere five seconds.

PageFlyGarcia_1-1696472889820.png

Though the current banner can describe exactly what you are selling, I’d like to recommend you change this banner into a banner including the lifestyle images - your polo on a model, for example, as it looks more real.

You should apply this tactic to your product images on product pages as well.

Also, don’t forget to make the slideshow autoplay afterwards in order to let your audience know there are more for them to explore.

3. CTA button 

A crucial element for an online store's homepage is the primary call-to-action button. This button serves as a direct link to the specific page where you want customers to take action, such as a collection or product page.

PageFlyGarcia_2-1696472889869.png

Not having a "Shop now" button on your banner is a missed opportunity. A well-placed call-to-action button encourages visitors to make a purchase and is an effective strategy for enhancing your homepage.

Additionally, it's important to maintain consistent styling for all call-to-action buttons to maximize the conversion rate.

4. Product display 

Firstly, it’s more reasonable to bold the heading only. If you bold both heading and paragraph like this, the customer might not know which text they should pay attention to.

PageFlyGarcia_3-1696472889394.png

And, please adjust to show at least 4-5 products per row so the customers can easily compare and scroll through.

5. Redesign the background image

There are 2 things you need to avoid from the screenshot I captured below:

• The text block is overriding the product image in the background
  • The background image is not well aligned with the grey background.

PageFlyGarcia_4-1696472889924.png

6. Testimonial - customer reviews

This section will help you build customers' trust. You can show rating stars for each product or you can add customer reviews as text and photos

7. Promote in holiday season

As the holiday season approaches, and with many businesses already gearing up for festivities like Black Friday Cyber Monday (BFCM) and Halloween, your products align seamlessly with this festive period. I strongly encourage you to implement these suggestions to maximize your success during these celebrations:

• Holiday gift wrapping option: Offer a gift-wrapping service during checkout to make it convenient for customers who are purchasing gifts for others.
  • Festive website design: Update your website with a festive theme that reflects the holiday spirit. Add seasonal graphics, banners, and colors to create an inviting and celebratory atmosphere for visitors.
  • Holiday specials and offers: Offer exclusive holiday promotions, discounts, or special deals to entice customers. Highlight these offers prominently on your website to catch the attention of potential buyers.

And that's my feedback! Hope it helps you boost the conversion rate.

Cheers!

Garcia | PageFly Team

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.

james_hobart
Tourist
4 0 2

Thanks for the response. Really informative 🙂 

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2394 454 402

Hey @james_hobart.

Thanks for reaching out. 

I appreciate that you have included your online store URL for us to explore! Looking into your store, I noticed that you are using the announcement bar to inform your visitors of a free shipping offer when they arrive to your store. That is a great way to get your visitors browsing! What do you think about including a discount code to the announce to create a buyer incentive? 

You have beautiful products available on your store, by the way! What do you think about including bundle offers? You could add the Shopify Bundles application to your online store to feature bundled products. 

Add more social media proof to your footer to provide your visitors with an extra sense of security. Having your business presence available across multiple social media platforms can allow your customers to reach out to you on various platforms if they have questions about their order. You can add additional social media icons to the footer of the store using the Theme Editor

05-00-49211-7399

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

james_hobart
Tourist
4 0 2

Thanks Ollie