FROM CACHE - en_header

Why is no one buying from my store?

Krispycandles
1 0 1

I started a candle business and use Shopify as my website and in the past 3 months we’ve had about 1,200 people visit the website but only 11 total sales? I’ve never made a website before but I think it looks pretty good. Anyone have any feedback on how I can convert more visitors to buyers? Thanks! The website is Krispycandles.com

Replies 2 (2)
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
512 74 98

Hi, @Krispycandles.

Thanks for your message, I would be happy to offer you some feedback on this. To start, I really enjoyed looking through your shop, you have a nice clean design, with a great colour scheme, professional photos and an easy-to-use menu system. One thing I noticed was the lack of store policies in your shop, you can add or generate the following policies for your Shopify store:

• Refund policy
  • Privacy policy
  • Terms of service
  • Shipping policy
  • Legal notice

Some marketing technologies, such as Google Analytics will not work without visible store policies in your shop. They are also simply a good idea to have to offer further information to your customers. We have a guide that you can check out by clicking here, that will walk you through adding or generating store policies for your shop. You can then add them as a new menu item, many merchants like to add them to their footer section: 

I would love to hear more about what sort of marketing and promotions you have been doing to bring traffic into your shop? It is not uncommon for an online shop to see hundreds, even thousands of visitors and not even make a single sale. There are certain questions you can ask of your shop that may help determine why this is happening and how you can counteract it to make both more traffic and sales.  I would recommend reviewing this great article that touches upon this issue, it walks through questions you should be asking about your shop such as:

1. Is your main navigation easy to use?
  2. Does your visual brand look professional?
  3. Does your homepage have a clear call to action?
  4. Does your website copy speak to your target audience?
  5. Does your website look just as good on your mobile phone?
  6. Are shoppers adding products to their cart?
  7. Are shoppers abandoning their cart?

While you mentioned you are seeing some decent traffic coming into the shop, we always advise keeping the focus on building traffic as the more traffic you receive the higher the chance for sales to start coming in. I would recommend checking out this traffic article, that talks about further questions you can ask of your store in regards to traffic, such as:

• Is this a good product? A “good product” means that it’s good enough for your audience and passes their implicit cost-benefit analysis
  • Is there a large target market? A market is a group of people already spending money on something. Are people buying the same type of product?
  • Is there an addressable target market? An addressable market is a group of people with visible shared qualities, already spending money on something. Is there a market segment you can focus on? 
  • Is there a great product story and/or compelling copy? You might have a clear “why” for the product in contrast to competitors, but you need to translate that pitch to compelling web copy. Does your product pitch resonate with them enough to purchase?
  • Is there a low-cost way to reach this audience? The goal should be to keep customer acquisition costs low. Are there multiple ways you can reach potential customers?

You could also take a look at this great marketing checklist, that walks through some excellent marketing and promotions tips, like:

Why targeted traffic is crucial for new stores

Paid advertising: Spending money to make money

Analyze: Reflecting back to optimize

I hope some of these ideas and resources help you out moving forward, please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly with any questions you may have! 

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

PageFly
Shopify Partner
3596 540 1885

Hi @Krispycandles,

This is PageFly - Free Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my advice for your store based on 6 years of providing solutions for about 100.000 active Shopify merchants.

I have just taken a quick look at your website and I picked up some plus points are:

• Have a favicon for your store - which makes your store look unique and professional.
  • Having a prominent search bar right on the header

However, I would like to give you some suggestions about your store so that you could consider changing and hope that the conversion rate is increased accordingly.

1. Have a sticky menu: 

A sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want. The menu has a search bar, and making a search bar prominent is very important. This helps customers feel rest assured and they can search anytime when they scroll up or down on the home page.

PageFly_0-1634178943624.png

2. Replace the featured image

It is of great importance that the featured image should describe what you are selling within the 5 first minutes of accessing your store. Or else, the customers will easily drop out and the bounce rate will be unexpectedly increased accordingly.

PageFly_1-1634178944437.png

From my point of view, the candle in this picture is easily overlooked by customers and it is not prominently displayed. Thus, please choose another featured image to showcase here and impress the customers.

3. Place a CTA button on the featured image

As you might know, a primary call to action button is one of the important things for a home page of an online store. With this button, you will redirect customers to the page you want them to take action mostly. It can redirect to a collection page, or a product page, probably enhancing the conversion rates. 

PageFly_2-1634178944211.png

At this part, you’ve done great to put an outstanding CTA button on this banner. However, I’m not sure if you really mean “Shop Fall” here instead of “Shop All”. Kindly check it my dear!

4. Adjust the padding

As you can see in the screenshot below, there seems to be a lot of white space on 2 sides of the content and it makes the content too long that customers might not want to read. Therefore, please reduce the padding here.

PageFly_3-1634178944404.png

5. Align the price on the same row

It would be more ideal if you could create an even layout here for the section. You might need to set up the product title on the same row and so does the product price. Then, your store outlook would be much more professional to the customers.

PageFly_4-1634178947262.png

6. Add links for products

As far as I see here, you are providing useful information about the scent options your store provides. However, it would be better if you can add the CTA button to these blocks. It’s up to you to link it to the cart page, product page, or blog page. No matter where you want to lead the traffic to, I bet you would receive more clicks

PageFly_5-1634178944159.png

Last but not least, here are my other recommendations for you, feel free to consider them applied to your store:

Make the price more dominant than the title by using another style for it

• Add testimonials section: It is of great importance because your brand trust can be enhanced. You can check this guide to pick the best reviews app for your store.
  • Add a section about your brand story: This helps to build trust and brand awareness to your audience, especially when your customers find your story relatable and inspiring. And design-wise, this section makes your page more attractive and professional.

=> What helps you to build your store more easily, especially what helps you to build all options I comment on above is a page builder.

It would be a good choice for you to have professional sites that look incredible on mobile & desktop without any extra coding, and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly.

If you feel my answer is helpful, please give it a LIKE. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Cheers!

PageFly

If you find it helpful, please let me know by giving it a like or marking it as a solution.

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check out our Ecommerce Website Design ideas for 2022. 

Learn the quintessential strategy to bring your store online with An Evergreen Guide.