Why isn't anyone buying anything from my store? :(

Solved
CrookedWorld
2 0 0

My store's been live since Friday, I've launched a total of 6 facebook ads, 5 today and 1 Friday. I see that people have landed on my sight but so far absolutely nobody has bought anything. I wasn't expecting to sell like hot cakes but I was expecting to atleast sell a couple. How long does it take to start?

PS: Would you mind reviewing my store? http://crookedposterz.com

What potential problems do you see in my store?

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
PageFly
Shopify Partner
2494 342 1665

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @CrookedWorld 

My 1st impression on your store is quite good, it looks organized, clean and I am clear about what you sell. The speed is good too, well done!

As you said that you started on last Friday, until now it's only 4 days, quite early to determine if the ads are a success or a failure. My recommendation is to check on the impression, clicks/impressions and how long people stay on your store, how many pages they browse, etc. You will have better ideas to optimize the ads. 

Also, check your ads audience: does it match your target audience; check if your ads copy matches the landing page, it's very important. For example: you promise Free shipping on the ads but it's nowhere to be found in the landing page, visitors will question it and when in doubt, they leave.

I have some feedbacks on your pages as well, hope they can help:

HOME PAGE:

- The header is huge, it pushes many important information down and not appear on above the fold area

PageFly_3-1621913184441.png

- Improve the image quality and make the button highly visible => it can help increase your brand credibility and the higher visible a button is, the higher chance that people will click on it

For example: on this slide, the image is blurry and the button has the similar color with the red part of the hoodie.

If you are interested in more tips about building credibility, you may check our guide here https://pagefly.link/ATbKuPkz

PageFly_0-1621912351795.png

- Add secondary hover image and Add to cart button: again when people see a button, they are more likely to click. The hover image is the 2nd chance to impress the customers too

PageFly_1-1621912469652.png

- On the final section, you may add some CTAs (final reminders for visitors), like the example below.

PageFly_2-1621912736401.png

PRODUCT PAGE

- With products that are on sale, you may add product badge (like Only 5 left in stock) or countdown timer (Sales end in ....) to create urgency. If your theme doesn't have the option, please consider use a page builder. I work for PageFly - the top trusted page builder on Shopify, so I hope you can check it out. (we have a forever free plan, so you can use PageFly to personalize some pages without paying any cost)

- Since the hoodies have size, a size guide is important for online shoppers but I couldn't find it on this product page https://crookedposterz.com/products/demon-slayer-tanjiro-hoodie-2?variant=39349457125491 

CART PAGE

- There are too many options, I think it can be confusing and give more chances to visitors to abandon the cart. My suggestion is to remove Update cart button (it doesn't help anyway). One more thing, I am not so sure about it but you can test:  remove the payment method below, when they click checkout they will see them anyway.

PageFly_4-1621913237263.png

Above are my suggestions, I hope they can help you sell products so soon, which I believe you will 🙂

If you find my answer helpful, please give me a 'like'

Thank you so much in advance and have a great day!

----

We recently release a new channel “Ecom Learning With PageFly” in which we provide you with actionable insights into building your own eCommerce business, including everything from Business Ideation, Product Research, Brand Building to proven eCommerce Marketing Strategies, Store Design and Conversion Rate Optimization Strategies.

The first video about picking winning Dropshipping products in June 2021 is out now! We're here to help you thrive in the eCommerce world, one video at a time! Let's check it out.

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)
PageFly
Shopify Partner
2494 342 1665

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @CrookedWorld 

My 1st impression on your store is quite good, it looks organized, clean and I am clear about what you sell. The speed is good too, well done!

As you said that you started on last Friday, until now it's only 4 days, quite early to determine if the ads are a success or a failure. My recommendation is to check on the impression, clicks/impressions and how long people stay on your store, how many pages they browse, etc. You will have better ideas to optimize the ads. 

Also, check your ads audience: does it match your target audience; check if your ads copy matches the landing page, it's very important. For example: you promise Free shipping on the ads but it's nowhere to be found in the landing page, visitors will question it and when in doubt, they leave.

I have some feedbacks on your pages as well, hope they can help:

HOME PAGE:

- The header is huge, it pushes many important information down and not appear on above the fold area

PageFly_3-1621913184441.png

- Improve the image quality and make the button highly visible => it can help increase your brand credibility and the higher visible a button is, the higher chance that people will click on it

For example: on this slide, the image is blurry and the button has the similar color with the red part of the hoodie.

If you are interested in more tips about building credibility, you may check our guide here https://pagefly.link/ATbKuPkz

PageFly_0-1621912351795.png

- Add secondary hover image and Add to cart button: again when people see a button, they are more likely to click. The hover image is the 2nd chance to impress the customers too

PageFly_1-1621912469652.png

- On the final section, you may add some CTAs (final reminders for visitors), like the example below.

PageFly_2-1621912736401.png

PRODUCT PAGE

- With products that are on sale, you may add product badge (like Only 5 left in stock) or countdown timer (Sales end in ....) to create urgency. If your theme doesn't have the option, please consider use a page builder. I work for PageFly - the top trusted page builder on Shopify, so I hope you can check it out. (we have a forever free plan, so you can use PageFly to personalize some pages without paying any cost)

- Since the hoodies have size, a size guide is important for online shoppers but I couldn't find it on this product page https://crookedposterz.com/products/demon-slayer-tanjiro-hoodie-2?variant=39349457125491 

CART PAGE

- There are too many options, I think it can be confusing and give more chances to visitors to abandon the cart. My suggestion is to remove Update cart button (it doesn't help anyway). One more thing, I am not so sure about it but you can test:  remove the payment method below, when they click checkout they will see them anyway.

PageFly_4-1621913237263.png

Above are my suggestions, I hope they can help you sell products so soon, which I believe you will 🙂

If you find my answer helpful, please give me a 'like'

Thank you so much in advance and have a great day!

----

We recently release a new channel “Ecom Learning With PageFly” in which we provide you with actionable insights into building your own eCommerce business, including everything from Business Ideation, Product Research, Brand Building to proven eCommerce Marketing Strategies, Store Design and Conversion Rate Optimization Strategies.

The first video about picking winning Dropshipping products in June 2021 is out now! We're here to help you thrive in the eCommerce world, one video at a time! Let's check it out.

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Tuecus
Shopify Partner
2589 78 376

Hello @CrookedWorld 

Everything looking great! In general, your store has good images and layout, it might need some little changes to be optimized. I hope that my commendations are helpful to you. 
Add testimonial which helps know about products which they are going to buy.
Store Credits to increase the orders, and make customers to buy the products with rewards and store credits. Registration, subscription, Order credits, Cart Value, Item review, Monthly, Birth day, Referral and many more.
Social login helps customers to login directly with Facebook, Instagram, Google, Gmail.

I would like to suggest our Tuecus-customer Account Page which will help you improve your shopify website.

Thanks
Tuecus

Apps Developer Team |
@Elist eBay Integration
@Tuecus-Customer Page
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @CrookedWorldThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. I would love to share my thoughts for your store based on 9 years of experience with Shopify for over 1000's active Shopify merchants and hope that my sharing will help you improve your store performance.

- That's a lot of blank space in the header. 

AiTrillion_0-1621926524536.png

The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Blog Posts- Instagram Feed.

- Add loyalty rewards program. Start using a loyalty program to entice your customers. It will help you build a loyal customer base. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like signing up, allowing for web push notifications, making a purchase, visiting a store, and many more. This will help in doubling the sales as when you give loyalty points to your customers they will come back to your store to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. You can give rewards to your customers to redeem those points.

Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when customers are not in your store without getting their email addresses. You can send back in stock and price drop alert notifications to bring customers back to your store. It also helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.

- Make sure to use email marketing automation to reach your customers.

You should use marketing automation tools that will help in better customer engagement & automation. You must set up proper email marketing campaigns, loyalty reward programs, web push notifications, or affiliate programs to increase engagement. To implement this you can install the all-in-one Shopify app  AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
CrookedWorld
2 0 0

I really appreciate you taking the time to review my store. I’m following your advice, there’s still a lot of work to do. Thanks a lot! 

Addyz
Pathfinder
191 4 23

Hi @CrookedWorld 

After review of you store, I will advise you to install some social proof apps on the store. Most of the buyers will not buy if they did not found the site authentic. For first time buyer's you have to win their trust and social proof are great way to achieve that.

Also, you have not added any push notification app pan your store.Push notifications have high conversion rate. Most of the visitors just leaves after adding product to cart without purchasing it. Push notifications are great way to remind them of their abandoned cart and nudge them to complete the purchase.

You are really missing out with this core functionality which could easily recover some lost sales for you.

There are plenty of app on appstore which are offering push notification either for free or for very reasonable price.

I will recommend https://apps.shopify.com/cartbite

This one is offering abandoned cart ,back in stock and price drop notification on push and emails. 

If this is helpful please up vote the answer so that other merchants can get benefit from it too

Addyz is ad optimization and automation platform for facebook and Instagram ads. Addyz allow store owners to create proven campaign strategies and branded catalogues to increase ad efficiency and boost sales