Solved

Why isn't my Leather Travel Backpack selling despite targeted Facebook ads?

JaggedExterior
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello,

I've been running my store for a while now and have been paying for Facebook ads to drive traffic to my website. I've improved the ads considerably over time, but am still not seeing the sales I would like on my website. I am pretty sure I am driving the right audience to my store, are there any problems with my store that are stopping people from converting? I have been running ads specifically for our Leather Travel Backpack, and the ad sends the user straight to that product page. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My store is jaggedexterior.com

Accepted Solutions (3)

Laza_Binaery
Shopify Partner
69 19 29

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @JaggedExterior 

As a regular visitor, your store is alright, looks mostly clean, has ok images, and the price is fair. But...

There is one thing I check first before shopping and that is contact detail. You just have @gmail  address which is not  

great for credibility. At least try to make support@jaggedexterior.com and I would expect a real address and phone as minimum  

contact details. Next to that Leather Travel Backpack, what are the dimensions? 

As a developer, I would always recommend a paid theme instead of a free one. Think first about how many stores have the same theme. And the last few years there are a lot, a lot of scam sites that just use free themes, use some dropship apps, set low prices, deliver random things, or just do not deliver any products at all. And people heard of those and your site could pass as one.

For some improvements, you could try to take inspiration from some other site you like and try to add more sections and build some story around it.

And improve your homepage, the text there is bad. The product page is mostly fine, but what do those 15 reviews at the top mean? Where are those reviews? Where can I leave a review? 

Also, check discussion boards here, there are a lot of similar questions and some great answers that might be useful in your case.

Kind regards
Laza
www.binaery.com

View solution in original post

biznazz101
Shopify Partner
494 50 89

A few things I noticed:

-The products reviews are using the same photo as the primary product images. I am guessing it is being done by default due to an app, but as a customer I might assume the reviews are not authentic based on that. It would also be better, to make them smaller so you can display more reviews on the page.

-The product page looks good overall, I would do some work on the homepage design, in my opinion it doesn't look as professional/credible as the product page itself.

Hope that is helpful!
@biznazz101 

Don't hesitate to reach out for more help with your store.
SEE OUR TASK STORE or check us out via our profile! FREE STORE AUDIT

StanPlatoria
Shopify Partner
28 4 5

Hey,

• The design can be improved slightly but I don't think that is a huge problem currently.
  • Regarding marketing, you said that you are not seeing the sales you'd like yet. Were there any sales at all? If so, do you track what kind of people exactly are buying? That might help trim down the target audience even further.
  • Someone above already mentioned it, but the reviews do not look authentic. Since you are a new store and probably do not have reviews yet, you can use an app like Platoria that provides you with authentic reviews from other retailers even if your store specifically has none yet.
All the best,
Stan

★★★ Try out Platoria if you want to increase customer trust and sales. ★★★

Replies 4 (4)

Laza_Binaery
Shopify Partner
69 19 29

Hi @JaggedExterior 

As a regular visitor, your store is alright, looks mostly clean, has ok images, and the price is fair. But...

There is one thing I check first before shopping and that is contact detail. You just have @gmail  address which is not  

great for credibility. At least try to make support@jaggedexterior.com and I would expect a real address and phone as minimum  

contact details. Next to that Leather Travel Backpack, what are the dimensions? 

As a developer, I would always recommend a paid theme instead of a free one. Think first about how many stores have the same theme. And the last few years there are a lot, a lot of scam sites that just use free themes, use some dropship apps, set low prices, deliver random things, or just do not deliver any products at all. And people heard of those and your site could pass as one.

For some improvements, you could try to take inspiration from some other site you like and try to add more sections and build some story around it.

And improve your homepage, the text there is bad. The product page is mostly fine, but what do those 15 reviews at the top mean? Where are those reviews? Where can I leave a review? 

Also, check discussion boards here, there are a lot of similar questions and some great answers that might be useful in your case.

Kind regards
Laza
www.binaery.com

biznazz101
Shopify Partner
494 50 89

A few things I noticed:

-The products reviews are using the same photo as the primary product images. I am guessing it is being done by default due to an app, but as a customer I might assume the reviews are not authentic based on that. It would also be better, to make them smaller so you can display more reviews on the page.

-The product page looks good overall, I would do some work on the homepage design, in my opinion it doesn't look as professional/credible as the product page itself.

Hope that is helpful!
@biznazz101 

Don't hesitate to reach out for more help with your store.
SEE OUR TASK STORE or check us out via our profile! FREE STORE AUDIT

StanPlatoria
Shopify Partner
28 4 5

Hey,

• The design can be improved slightly but I don't think that is a huge problem currently.
  • Regarding marketing, you said that you are not seeing the sales you'd like yet. Were there any sales at all? If so, do you track what kind of people exactly are buying? That might help trim down the target audience even further.
  • Someone above already mentioned it, but the reviews do not look authentic. Since you are a new store and probably do not have reviews yet, you can use an app like Platoria that provides you with authentic reviews from other retailers even if your store specifically has none yet.
All the best,
Stan

★★★ Try out Platoria if you want to increase customer trust and sales. ★★★

rasasunglasses
Visitor
1 0 0

Do you have an Instagram/Facebook page for your store? I don’t see any mention of either on your website