It's been a month since we launched we got around 1000 sessions
52 sessions add to cart
18 session check out
8 session converted (bought)
Am just wondering why people who add to cart doesn't complete the purchase and evermore the ones who reach checkout why they leave before buying?
We're using the simple theme and the basic checkout nothing fancy.
our store is klassy.no
I agreed with @vinods that your store has good products and good structure: very clear what you sell and the images are in good quality.
Usually, to investigate why people add to cart but leave, I will check the cart page and here is my comment:
- It's quite cluttered: on the above-the-fold area, I don't see Checkout button, I have to scroll down. Also, the buttons are centered, which isn't very common from my experience, I usually find them in the right hand side.
- Find a way to reduce your announcement bar to 1 line so the Checkout button can be moved up
- Remove the categories in the left hand from cart page => Fewer reasons for shoppers to bounce from cart page but go to check out
- Pay attention to your spacing: 1 should be closer as the information about Free shipping and Checkout buttons are related; 2 should be wider
Besides, I suggest you:
- Create a refund and return page, add trust badges, so people can feel safer to buy from you
- For some products, add more images and you can consider secondary-hover image for the product listing => help shoppers evaluate by visual and you will have one more chance to impress store visitors
- Make Add to cart button more outstanding: for example, one this page, I found the live chat button is more eye-catching than Add to cart button
- Make the headings of key benefits more skimmable like put them in Bold or in capital
8 sales in the first month is a good start. I mean the problem of abandonment carts happens for all the ecommerce store and you're not alone. Also, if you are interested in abandoned cart recovery tips, let's check this out https://pagefly.link/fyrNdmYb
Happy new year and I wish you get lots of sales in the current and next months 😉
If you find my answer helpful, please give me a 'like'. Thank you so much!
Hello @moualem, I hope you are doing good! here are some suggestions that you can work on:
- Add a banner image in the first fold of the homepage with a call to action button on it.
- Add a section of trending, new, recently viewed products on the homepage. For this, you can install the app AiTrillion and simply enable the product recommendations.
- Add quick links in the footer menu.
- Add newsletter subscription with automatic emails with thankyou and discount coupon.
- You need to work on the product description:
- Add a reward program for giving points and let customers redeem on their next purchase.
- Add announcement bars or timers to promote your offers on the store. The all in one app AiTrillion has pre-designed templates of announcement bar, timer & sales motivator bars.
- Entice customers with discount and coupon codes. Add a discount popup.
- Add reviews on the homepage.
If your store will be engaging then it will help you to reduce Customer Churn Rate i.e percentage of customers who stop purchasing from your brand and will also increase your customer retention.
Hope this helps!
Some reasons people could be not buying from your store could be-