Wont get store purchases

ImDedi
Explorer
77 1 23

Hi everybody.

I have had my store up and running for about a month and have only managed to get 2 purchases through Facebook ads.

I barely get any "add to carts" but a lot of traffic through the ads ( around 50/day for a 10-15$ budget ).

Could you please rate my store to see if you can find anyways I can improve and get more purchases?

My website is https://imdedi.com

Thank you in advance!

Replies 2 (2)
collinsmbaka
Shopify Partner
224 27 98

Hi There,

Thanks for sharing! I have browsed through your store and I really like how easy it is to navigate the store. The sticky header and breadcrumbs are really good for the customer experience. The store is really well designed in terms of customer experience. You have done an incredible job with the setup. I will suggest focusing on your marketing and operations. Try to understand the kind of audience you're targeting to be certain you're targeting people that are most likely to buy. Getting traffic is not enough.

I will also recommend adding product reviews and customer testimonials on the store for credibility - that is easily the best way to show your visitors that you're credible and get them to trust your brand and make a purchase. no social media links, no reviews - as a visitor I will find it a bit difficult trusting your brand enough to make a purchase. You can plead with your customers to share their reviews with you. Your visitors need to perceive your brand as credible and reviews are easily the best way to show it - then also sharing your social media links, if you have any activities there.

I see you do have a wide range of products and making it easy for your customers to filter and search for items will increase your store customer experience - I will suggest adding advanced filtering and search app to help your customers quickly search & filter for what they need to lower bounce rates and convert more - the easier it is for customers to find what they want, the more likely they will make a purchase. You can check out the Collection filter and search bar app by Sobooster used by 3000+ brands on Shopify to boost sales.

Cheers!

Collins Mbaka
Web Developer | Shopify Developer
Hire Me: collinsmbaka.com/about
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
512 74 100

Hi, @ImDedi.

Thank you for your message, I would be happy to provide you with some feedback for your shop. Thank you for sharing your store URL, I really enjoyed checking out your shop, it looks like you are offering some really great products. I would start by suggesting you change the colour of your menu items from this reddish colour, as it seems to blend in with your main image:

I would also recommend you take a look through our Uploading images guide to ensure you are uploading your images as per our resolution and aspect ratio recommendations. It looks like your logo specifically is a little bit blurry:

It also looks like some of your images may not be in the correct aspect ratio, something to consider is that we recommend using 2048 x 2048 pixels for square product photos.

Something else I noticed was this electric scooter product, this seems out of place on a storefront that is seemingly dedicated to home decor and furnishings. I may consider removing this item from your shop as at first glance it does not seem to fit your shops brand:

In regards to traffic coming in but not seeing many sales, this is quite common with online stores. We have a great article here, that walks through questions that you should go through and ask yourself about your shop to ensure it is set up properly for success, such as:

1. Is your main navigation easy to use?
  2. Does your visual brand look professional?
  3. Does your homepage have a clear call to action?
  4. Does your website copy speak to your target audience?
  5. Does your website look just as good on your mobile phone?
  6. Are shoppers adding products to their cart?
  7. Are shoppers abandoning their cart?

Another great resource to look into is improving the search engine optimization (SEO) for your shop. You can use (SEO) to improve the search engine ranking for your store and help customers find your products and store easier. We have more information on how you can do this in our Improving search engine optimization guide here if you wanted to take a closer look. 

I hope some of these suggestions help you out moving forward, please do not hesitate to reach back out here with any questions you may have! 

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog