Would love feedback on my store before launching

Solved
Ozlem
Excursionist
11 0 2

Hi guys, I'm looking at launching my store soon & would love any type of feedback, I don't have anything specific I'd like feedback on.

URL: https://a10clothing.com.au/

Password: nuflos

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions
PageFly
Shopify Partner
1932 268 1411

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Ozlem,

It's PageFly - Best Page Builder App here and I'd like to share some of my initial thoughts when first browsing through your online store. I hope that my recommendations based on 6 years of providing solutions for more than 100.000 merchants can be beneficial to you in improving your store performance.

I have just taken a quick look at your website and I picked up some plus points are:

• Have a favicon for your store - This helps your store look unique and professional.
  • Have product images of high quality

However, I would like to give you some suggestions about your store so that you could consider changing and hope that the conversion rate is increased accordingly.

1. Have an announcement bar

Basically, the announcement bar will announce the information about shipping and discount or any promotion campaign of a store. 

PageFly_0-1635991153127.png

You can place it right above the header of the page

2. Having a sticky menu 

A sticky navigation bar will help customers navigate themselves from every part of the homepage to any page of your store more conveniently. 

PageFly_1-1635991152968.png

3. Featured image

It is of great importance that the featured image should describe what you are selling within the 5 first minutes of accessing your store. 

PageFly_2-1635991153573.png

Though this banner impressed me right at the moment accessing the store, I believe that it would even be better if you make this featured image full width. Please kindly remember to remove the white space between the header and the banner to make your store outlook more professional.

4. CTA buttons

As you might know, a primary call to action button is one of the important things for a home page of an online store. With this button, you will redirect customers to the page you want them to take action mostly. It can redirect to a collection page, or a product page, probably enhancing the conversion rates. 

PageFly_3-1635991153654.png

Perfect!! You place the right CTA on the right place ~ Please rest assured that all CTA buttons will have the same styling to boost the conversion rate. 

5. Adjust heading at the same size

As you can see in my screenshot below, “Our Story” and the “Collection” are the headings so they should have the same size.

PageFly_4-1635991153282.png

6. Add hover image

I highly recommend you add hover images for the product list here. By this way, the customers would be more curious about your product and I bet you would have more clicks than now!

PageFly_5-1635991153091.png

7. Collections

There are 2 things I’d love to give feedback here: First, please add the hover image for the collections. By presenting secondary hover images, customers can easily scan many products to see extra visual information. Second, make the price more dominant than the title by using another style for it. 

PageFly_6-1635991153854.png

8. Remove the code in the footer

Just a minor issue but it would affect negatively. Please check and remove it, dear!

PageFly_7-1635991153047.png

Last but not least, here are my other recommendations for you, feel free to consider them applied to your store:

• Add testimonials section: It is of great importance because your brand trust can be enhanced. You can check this guide to pick the best reviews app for your store!
  • Provide a wide range of products for your customers 
  • Moreover, you should display the ratings and the number of ratings as well under the product name to enhance your brand trust. 

=> What helps you to build your store more easily, especially what helps you to build all options I comment on above is a page builder.

It would be a good choice for you to have professional sites that look incredible on mobile & desktop without any extra coding, and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly.

If you feel my answer is helpful, please give it a LIKE or mark it as a SOLUTION. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Cheers!

PageFly

P/s: BFCM is coming. You can amplify your sales in this holiday season with PageFly solutions exclusively for this holiday season. All these holiday features could help you a lot in building a high-converting page

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

View solution in original post

Kimi
Shopify Staff
200 25 53

Hi, @Ozlem!

I've taken a look at your store, and as a first time visitor I really like its clean and simple design, paired with the seamless navigation. The images throughout your store are also crisp, clear, and showcase the products really well. I do have a few suggestions that you can consider for your store too:

1. Adding an About Us page: One thing I noticed about your store is that there isn't yet any About Us page. I see that there's a little snippet on the homepage about your story, which is so great to see! I think that there's more that can be unpacked about your store, for example your homepage's hero image includes the phrase "Design with meaning". You could explain a bit more on what this means within your About Us page, and use this as a strength to connect more with your audience. Creating an About Us page that tells your brand's story or mission is key in introducing your business to prospective customers. It will give you the opportunity to showcase more of what your brand is about, beyond the products, and therefore allows prospective customers to learn and connect more with a brand that they potentially align with. The About Us page of a business tends to be an aspect that gets overlooked, but it's really worthwhile to spend some time in creating one for your store. Check out our handy guide here to help you create your About Us page.

2. Include store policies: Another crucial bit of information missing from your store is the policy pages. It's important to include them in to build trust with prospective customers. Including policy pages such as Shipping and Refund policies, for example, will give customers peace of mind when purchasing from your store.

3. Remove the Powered by Shopify text: I noticed that you still have this text within the footer of your store. I highly suggest removing this text, as it will allow your store to appear more professional overall. It might seem like a minuscule detail to remove, but the text can draw attention away from your brand and can potentially also distract visitors. This text also links directly to our Shopify website, so this poses as a potential increase to your website's bounce rate, as customers may leave your site and not come back, should they click on this text.

4. Add more to your product description: Similar to point 1 above, you could also expand on the phrase within your homepage that states "Each design has a meaning and tells a story". As this phrase is included on your homepage, it'll be great to see this being reflected on each product page, so that customers are able to learn more about each product's design story. Take a look at this blog for some product description examples and tips to inform and persuade your customers.

Overall I think you've done a really great job with your store, so well done!

As you're close to launching, have you thought about any marketing strategies, to help increase your store's traffic for launch? We have a handy guide on our Shopify Blog here if you need some ideas!

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Replies 15 (15)
DanSP
Shopify Partner
161 12 40

hi @Ozlem, your store does not have legal pages to build trust in your store. Your products do not have much description

Dan from Ryviu
Ozlem
Excursionist
11 0 2

Hey @DanSP , thank you so much.

When you say legal pages are you referring to the return policy etc?

PageFly
Shopify Partner
1932 268 1411

Hi @Ozlem,

It's PageFly - Best Page Builder App here and I'd like to share some of my initial thoughts when first browsing through your online store. I hope that my recommendations based on 6 years of providing solutions for more than 100.000 merchants can be beneficial to you in improving your store performance.

I have just taken a quick look at your website and I picked up some plus points are:

• Have a favicon for your store - This helps your store look unique and professional.
  • Have product images of high quality

However, I would like to give you some suggestions about your store so that you could consider changing and hope that the conversion rate is increased accordingly.

1. Have an announcement bar

Basically, the announcement bar will announce the information about shipping and discount or any promotion campaign of a store. 

PageFly_0-1635991153127.png

You can place it right above the header of the page

2. Having a sticky menu 

A sticky navigation bar will help customers navigate themselves from every part of the homepage to any page of your store more conveniently. 

PageFly_1-1635991152968.png

3. Featured image

It is of great importance that the featured image should describe what you are selling within the 5 first minutes of accessing your store. 

PageFly_2-1635991153573.png

Though this banner impressed me right at the moment accessing the store, I believe that it would even be better if you make this featured image full width. Please kindly remember to remove the white space between the header and the banner to make your store outlook more professional.

4. CTA buttons

As you might know, a primary call to action button is one of the important things for a home page of an online store. With this button, you will redirect customers to the page you want them to take action mostly. It can redirect to a collection page, or a product page, probably enhancing the conversion rates. 

PageFly_3-1635991153654.png

Perfect!! You place the right CTA on the right place ~ Please rest assured that all CTA buttons will have the same styling to boost the conversion rate. 

5. Adjust heading at the same size

As you can see in my screenshot below, “Our Story” and the “Collection” are the headings so they should have the same size.

PageFly_4-1635991153282.png

6. Add hover image

I highly recommend you add hover images for the product list here. By this way, the customers would be more curious about your product and I bet you would have more clicks than now!

PageFly_5-1635991153091.png

7. Collections

There are 2 things I’d love to give feedback here: First, please add the hover image for the collections. By presenting secondary hover images, customers can easily scan many products to see extra visual information. Second, make the price more dominant than the title by using another style for it. 

PageFly_6-1635991153854.png

8. Remove the code in the footer

Just a minor issue but it would affect negatively. Please check and remove it, dear!

PageFly_7-1635991153047.png

Last but not least, here are my other recommendations for you, feel free to consider them applied to your store:

• Add testimonials section: It is of great importance because your brand trust can be enhanced. You can check this guide to pick the best reviews app for your store!
  • Provide a wide range of products for your customers 
  • Moreover, you should display the ratings and the number of ratings as well under the product name to enhance your brand trust. 

=> What helps you to build your store more easily, especially what helps you to build all options I comment on above is a page builder.

It would be a good choice for you to have professional sites that look incredible on mobile & desktop without any extra coding, and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly.

If you feel my answer is helpful, please give it a LIKE or mark it as a SOLUTION. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Cheers!

PageFly

P/s: BFCM is coming. You can amplify your sales in this holiday season with PageFly solutions exclusively for this holiday season. All these holiday features could help you a lot in building a high-converting page

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

DanSP
Shopify Partner
161 12 40

Hi @Ozlem, legal pages, e.g: terms of services, privacy policy, shipping, return, and refund, about us...

Dan from Ryviu
waytoapps
Navigator
467 37 187

Hello @Ozlem 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Make a Sticky header for easy navigation. It helps customer to access menu at any time they want.

Add more options about us, contact us , blog etc on the header menu.

Expand hero banner to a full width, as it gives good impression when customer lands on the Homepage.

Include Blog page, Blog posting will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way you can engage with Existing and New customers.

Add terms, shipping and other privacy policies on the footer section.

Promote your products on other social platforms and provide those social links on the footer section.

Make Social links open on new tab.

Add contact us page with more details and contact form. It builds trust on your store.

You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store   which helps to increase your sales.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

There is no customer review option on the products. Install Product review app from the Shopify app store, so that customer can write a review when they purchase any product from your store.

You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace for selling creative goods such as art & collectibles, crafts & supplies, jewellery &accessories and more,  if you have any unique/handmade/vintage goods in your store, you can give further exposure to your products.

Thanks,
Waytoapps
Ozlem
Excursionist
11 0 2

@DanSP that's a lot of great feedback thank you.

I have tried the hover option but when you hover over the image the second image was low res for some reason so I got rid of it.

Ozlem
Excursionist
11 0 2

Awesome thank you @waytoapps 

Kimi
Shopify Staff
200 25 53

Hi, @Ozlem!

I've taken a look at your store, and as a first time visitor I really like its clean and simple design, paired with the seamless navigation. The images throughout your store are also crisp, clear, and showcase the products really well. I do have a few suggestions that you can consider for your store too:

1. Adding an About Us page: One thing I noticed about your store is that there isn't yet any About Us page. I see that there's a little snippet on the homepage about your story, which is so great to see! I think that there's more that can be unpacked about your store, for example your homepage's hero image includes the phrase "Design with meaning". You could explain a bit more on what this means within your About Us page, and use this as a strength to connect more with your audience. Creating an About Us page that tells your brand's story or mission is key in introducing your business to prospective customers. It will give you the opportunity to showcase more of what your brand is about, beyond the products, and therefore allows prospective customers to learn and connect more with a brand that they potentially align with. The About Us page of a business tends to be an aspect that gets overlooked, but it's really worthwhile to spend some time in creating one for your store. Check out our handy guide here to help you create your About Us page.

2. Include store policies: Another crucial bit of information missing from your store is the policy pages. It's important to include them in to build trust with prospective customers. Including policy pages such as Shipping and Refund policies, for example, will give customers peace of mind when purchasing from your store.

3. Remove the Powered by Shopify text: I noticed that you still have this text within the footer of your store. I highly suggest removing this text, as it will allow your store to appear more professional overall. It might seem like a minuscule detail to remove, but the text can draw attention away from your brand and can potentially also distract visitors. This text also links directly to our Shopify website, so this poses as a potential increase to your website's bounce rate, as customers may leave your site and not come back, should they click on this text.

4. Add more to your product description: Similar to point 1 above, you could also expand on the phrase within your homepage that states "Each design has a meaning and tells a story". As this phrase is included on your homepage, it'll be great to see this being reflected on each product page, so that customers are able to learn more about each product's design story. Take a look at this blog for some product description examples and tips to inform and persuade your customers.

Overall I think you've done a really great job with your store, so well done!

As you're close to launching, have you thought about any marketing strategies, to help increase your store's traffic for launch? We have a handy guide on our Shopify Blog here if you need some ideas!

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

belly2021
Tourist
17 0 1

I think your store homepage design is very distinctive!