Tourist
6 0 5
Replies 10 (10)
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
512 74 97

Hi, @DoodleCouture

Thank you for your message and for providing the link and password to your store. 

We are so happy to share feedback with our merchant's shops and I would be happy to offer you some suggestions on Doodle Couture. First off, I love the name and I really love the shop's design, you should be very proud of this store. I really love how you have such a wide variety of great-looking products so neatly organized in your easy-to-use menu system. I don't have that many suggestions for you as I really enjoy the shop, but some little things you can look into that may help the professionalism before you launch. 

Your store logo and images on your homepage all look slightly blurry, for example:

Same with your collection images here, I would also recommend changing the colour of your titles, as the white may be a little hard to see against your images:

We have a handy guide that talks about how to optimally upload images on Shopify here, that may help you out. Just a friendly reminder, if you are using a third-party theme, you may want to reach out to your theme developers for tips on what image resolution and aspect ratio they require for their own themes. 

In regards to the title colours, if you head to Online store>Themes>Customize>Theme Settings>Color you should be able to manipulate your font colours to one that stands out more against your images:

Lastly, I really loved learning more about you and your brand in your footer section About us area. I would suggest adding this to your main menu as well, perhaps under the "More" section, just to give your customers that quick access when they are navigating your main menu. 

If you need a refresher on how to add this in your main menu area, feel free to check out our handy navigation guide here for a walkthrough.

Aside from that, I would say you are almost ready to launch the store. Is this your first shop with us, or have you run any online business with Shopify before? If you are new to the process, you will want to start thinking about how to bring traffic in once you launch. I suggest checking out our fantastic Marketing and Promotions guide for some tips. Another great to is our Store launch checklist article here, this guide walks through essential things you should ensure you have set up in your store for a successful launch. 

I hope some of this feedback helps you out moving forward, congratulations on the new store and please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions you may have along the way!

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Diamond_11
Excursionist
20 0 24

Hello @DoodleCouture 

Can you share us the link to your store

DoodleCouture
Tourist
6 0 5

AMAZING FEEDBACK!!!!  Thank you SOOOO much!

DoodleCouture
Tourist
6 0 5

Hi Marty-

How can I make the images less blurry?  I am using very hi-res images.

AllFetch
Shopify Partner
713 68 272

Hi @DoodleCouture 

I have visited your store and here are my suggestions. Hope they are helpful to you!

• Homepage

In general, your homepage looks good and well-arranged. It will be better if you put a CTA button on your banner and link it to your collections. A CTA button will play role in inspiring customer’s actions and guide them toward a goal conversion. It seems like your store offers lots of collections so it is necessary to make a sticky navigation menu. The constant presence of the menu bar reminds users that other pages, ones they probably need, are also available. The testimonial part should be displayed on your homepage. It works because they aren’t strong sales pitches, they come across in an unbiased voice and establish trust. 

Besides, I recommend you to put a Quick add to cart button on all your products displayed on the homepage. This tool will make it simple to shorten customer buying processes and lead sales quickly. 

If you want to activate quick add to cart, sticky cart, sticky bar button on your site, try out Advanced Sticky Add To Cart app for free

• Product page

There is a powerful button to speed up the buying process and increase user experience is the BUY NOW button. I see that you haven’t had the BUY NOW button on your product page so it can be one thing that needs to be improved. 

Screenshot - 2021-08-28T145120.260.png

Your products are quite diverse which is suitable for making product bundles. Product bundles with discounts is an effective tip to motivate customers to buy more products. Most customers are willing to buy product bundles to get a lower total price so that you should not miss this chance by adding many bundles on your website.

If you want to add product bundles in your store at ease and free, try out this app Product Bundle Volume Discount 

That’s all my suggestions for your store. Hope they are helpful to you

Happy selling!

AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service - Serving 15.000+ active merchants.
- We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

Click Like and Accept as Solution if you like! Want to customize your store, contact us at support@allfetch.com
DoodleCouture
Tourist
6 0 5
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the site. How do I create a sticky navigation menu? Thanks!
RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
1276 177 850

Hi @DoodleCouture,

I’m Richard Nguyen - CRO Expert at PageFly- Free Landing Page Builder. With over 5 years’ experience in providing solutions for over 100,000 stores to help merchants increase their conversion rates, I’d like to provide you with some feedback with the hope they would be helpful to you

You can refer to this article to get more tips to personalize your e-commerce store. Or this guide to know how to optimize conversion rate for your store.

You site looks really go so I just have a few comments.

I. Home page

1. Make header sticky

A sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want. The menu has a search bar, and making a search bar prominent is very important. This helps customers feel rest assured and they can search anytime when they scroll up or down on the home page.

On our website, we also use a sticky header:

RichardNguyen_0-1630161931051.gif

This feature is available in some themes so you just need to enable it. In other cases, you may need support from the theme support team. Feel free to contact them.

2. Add Call-to-action button on the hero banner

Hero banner is the first thing that visitors will see when they visit your site. This is a simple and straightforward way to instantly captivate visitors. Putting a primary call to action button  will help you redirect customers to the page you want them to take action mostly. It can redirect to a collection page, or a product page, etc. This really helps to increase the conversion rate for your store.

Doodle Couture™ - Collectible & Luxury Accessories for Stylish Dogs - Doodle Couture™ 2021-08-28 21-47-30.png

Or you can feature a best-seller product on the hero banner as the B&H Photo did:

RichardNguyen_1-1630162107885.png

4. Add product testimonials

People love proof. When your customers visit your store and see many good feedback, they will be willing to shop! You can consult Stellar template here about displaying testimonials:

RichardNguyen_2-1630162230818.png

II. Product page

For example: https://doodlecouture.com/products/the-lead-natural-rope-leash-template-2#features 

1. Product image

There are 2 arrows on your product image

The Lead Natural Rope Dog Leash - Woofstock 2021-08-28 21-53-13.png

I thought I can see other images of this products, but it's wrong. This could lead to a not good experience. 

Also, you should consider adding more product images for each product so that your customer can imagine better about your items (for example an image with a dog would be great).

2. The layout seems narrow a bit

Because you divide your screen into 3 parts so each part just has a little space. It can cause a bad feeling when someone looks at it. Why don't you use a 2-part layout. Product image in one side and product information in another side. I think the layout will look more comfortable.

The Lead Natural Rope Dog Leash - Woofstock 2021-08-28 22-00-40.png

A Shopify page builder app will be a powerful tool to help you customize your pages to the fullest. You can consider using PageFly- Advanced Builder App, FREE plan is available with full functions and features, and our Live Chat Support 24/7 is always here at your disposal. 

Above is my recommendation for your store. If you find it helpful, please tell me know by giving it a like or marking it as a solution. Thank you!

----

By the way, I'd like to share this useful webinar with you!

This Sep 6th, at 9 PM (EST) we are having Seguno & ReConvert answer all email marketing-related questions in the newest Unpack webinar: Email Marketing - Not A Monologue. In this webinar we talk about common mistakes when running an email marketing campaign and Q&A session with experts to leverage your email marketing effectiveness We only take 100 first sign-ups.

Be one and be our guest -> SIGN UP HERE.

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Check our guide The Most Common Ecommerce Merchants Problems And How To Avoid Them

Learn how to boost your sales for Father's Day with PageFly

Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
512 74 97

Hi, @DoodleCouture.

Good question, your images resolution may not be the issue, it could be something as simple as the aspect ratio of your photos. Are you using a Shopify theme? If so, did you reference the Uploading images guide I shared previously? There is a handy portion that talks about aspect ratio here, that I recommend checking out.  If you are using a third-party theme, it may be worth reaching out to your theme developer to see what aspect ratio/resolutions they suggest for your theme as they may have different specifications than a Shopify theme. You could also try a different theme to see if the images are showing up the same way. You could test this by heading to Online store>Themes>Theme library>Explore free themes, choose a free theme and click customize or preview under actions to view it. 

Please feel free to reach back out here if you are still having difficulties, we are always happy to help out.

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @DoodleCoutureThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. I would love to share my thoughts for your store based on 9 years of experience with Shopify for over 1000's active Shopify merchants and hope that my sharing will help you improve your store performance:

- Add a call to action button on the banner image of the homepage. 

AiTrillion_0-1630497001691.png

Increase the viewport of the store. The viewport is the user's visible area of a web page.

- You should add a product recommendations section on the product page. This help with upselling. Display the related products below the product details on the product page.

You should add a loyalty rewards program to your store. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like on signing up, leaving a review, allowing for push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, on first purchase, follow/ share on social media. This will help you to entice customers and will increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers. This will also help you in collecting the review. You can send an in-email review form to your customers. This can be sent automatically.

Integration of loyalty rewards program with web push notification, review, email marketing and with full automation results in wonders for the eCommerce stores. It will help you in increasing conversions and sales in your store and retain the customers for the long term.

Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when customers are not in your store without getting their email address. You can send back in stock and price drop alert notifications to bring customers back to your store. It also helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.

To add the above marketing engagement tools to optimize the conversions of your store there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions. 

P.S- Free plan available.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.