Zero £ items/products showing in “you may also like” section of store

NMWB
1 0 0

Good evening,

Can anyone please help me with this ~ 

I am almost ready to launch my new store but I’ve hit a bit of a stumbling block. I have some zero £ items in my store as part of the Build your Own element for which I’ve installed an App. I read that these items will not show-up as a recommended product but they are & they can be added to the cart with no value/price!

I don’t know code and I feel like it’s something really simple that I am missing. Does anyone have any experience of this? How do I de-select them?

Many thanks in advance,

Holly.

Replies 2 (2)
PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
4205 303 899

Does the app not provide any redundancy such as removing such items from the cart or rejecting bad orders?

@NMWB wrote:

I read that these items will not show-up as a recommended product but they are & they can be added to the cart with no value/price!

I don’t know code and I feel like it’s something really simple that I am missing. Does anyone have any experience of this? How do I de-select them?

Hoping it's simple doesn't make it so. If the app said it does one thing but actually doesn't you need to contact that apps developers for support.

Otherwise you need to modify whatever theme you have for it's recommendation code to skip $0 cost items keeping in mind this can be undesirable behavior if you ever want to offer spiffs or stuff like giftwrapping, etc.

Advanced docs applicable to most themes from the shopify theme store 

https://shopify.dev/themes/product-merchandising/recommendations/show-product-recommendations 

Finally Combinable Discounts - EARLY ACCESS ONLY - Use Free Shipping With Other Discounts

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org
Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
sillycube
Shopify Partner
693 16 100

@NMWB 

Not sure if you're using my app. But most custom bundling apps are more or less the same

If your bundle app allows dynamic pricing like offering % discount, the price can only be determined after customers build a bundle from various items. The $0 price usually comes from the default variant. 

I guess you can filter the bundles from the "you may also like" section with tags or name. For my app, I am using a custom template so I don't think the customers can do what you say.

BYOB - Build Your Own Bundles, SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview