I'm considering building a different shopping experience and want to partner with Shopify. Shopify has a great product that lets businesses jumpstart their eCommerce strategy - I just want to use the Shopify platform to build a completely different shopper experience.
For the sake of this conversation - let's call it NextGenShopping (NGS)
One critical aspect is, shoppers will never experience Shopify UX - even during checkout.
I want to adhere to Shopify's EULA and best practices - so please, can someone from Shopify tell me what approaches you offer?
- the shopper experience is so different, it cannot use Shopify's UX at all
- all financial transactions would be handled by NGS and Stripe/Paypal/etc or other well established/trusted & regulated payment gateways using industry best practices adhering to CCPA and GDPR - NGS would not retain any Shopper/Customer info - NGS is just facilitating the transaction and extracting a platform fee for its NextGeneration Experience (via PayPal Commerce/Stripe Connect)
- ShopifyMerchants that decide to install the app would have orders and payments show up just like it normally would so that a merchant could manage their business appropriately
- NGS money flows would follow best practices and adhere to all rules and regulations indicated by the banking and finance industry, local governments in addition to Shopify, Paypal, Stripe, etc.
- Stripe/PayPal would execute all money flows and neither NGS nor Shopify would not be listed as the merchant of record - the ShopifyMerchant that made the sale would be listed as "Merchant of Record".
Attached is a very simplified overview
Please advise on what would be the best approach and what next steps would be required.
It sounds like you may be looking to create a sales channel app, which could allow you the possibility to utilize the checkout API to create a checkout flow. I'd start there: https://shopify.dev/tutorials/complete-a-sales-channel-payment-with-checkout-api
Would any of these proposed solutions allow NGS to extract a platform fee from the merchant as the sale is processed by the NGS platform?
- Jane picks a pair of shoes from Alan'sAwesome shoes.
- The order total is $100 ( shoes $87, tax $7, shipping $6 )
- NGS takes 10% = $10
- Stripe takes 2.9% = $2.90
- Shopify takes 2% = $2
- Net to Alan's Shoes = $85.10
Q: is that just configuration of Stripe? If so, which solution scenario?
Have you created a collection on your online store and experienced an issue with adding yo...By Ollie Aug 24, 2022
Connect your PayPal account to allow your customers to checkout using the PayPal gateway a...By Ollie Jul 28, 2022