Solved

How would you use App Proxy for more than one thing?

PhobosTech
Shopify Partner
80 3 14

I'm a little confused as to why we can only create one single App Proxy. I'm also just a little frustrated as well. Is there any way to turn a single proxy into a multi-function, multi-page utility?

Most people, it turns out, just aren't interested unless they have to pay for it. Go figure.
Accepted Solution (1)

sd_
Shopify Staff (Retired)
51 10 7

This is an accepted solution.

It is correct that you can only have one App Proxy per application, however you have a lot of flexibility in terms of how you use this application proxy. In order to achieve a "multi-function" application you have freedom with your embedded app/app proxy to create a single page application (SPA) that is available on a merchant's store via application proxy. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

sd_
Shopify Staff (Retired)
51 10 7

This is an accepted solution.

It is correct that you can only have one App Proxy per application, however you have a lot of flexibility in terms of how you use this application proxy. In order to achieve a "multi-function" application you have freedom with your embedded app/app proxy to create a single page application (SPA) that is available on a merchant's store via application proxy. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

PhobosTech
Shopify Partner
80 3 14

Thanks for the insight. I've actually figured out a few pretty cool tricks with the app proxy 🙂

I'll add this to the list. Much appreciated!

Most people, it turns out, just aren't interested unless they have to pay for it. Go figure.