Only Products in Collections set to Online and Storefront inventory are appearing.

Streeter
Shopify Partner
12 2 4

Hi  everyone,

I have been working my way through building a Shopify Store with GatsbyJS.  For that past couple of days I have been struggling to understand why all of the products in a collection are not appearing when I issue a GraphQl query.  Today, I have discovered that only items marked both as  Online ands Storefront inventory are appearing in a collection. If it set to only Online Inventory it does not appear in the collection.  I have search around to find out if there is a specific difference that occurs between the two Channels, other than the obvious  the former would appear in a web page while the other would be in an actual brick and mortar.   

Can one help me understand the difference between these 2 as it applies to using the shopify api to retrieve all the products in a collection

Thanks

Reply 1 (1)

vix
Shopify Staff
540 103 121

Hi @Streeter 

The expected behavior would be: 

• Product A has the availability published as Online Store, Storefront API App == available on Storefront API
  • Product B has the availability published as Online Store != available on Storefront API
  • Product C has the availability published as Storefront API app == available on Storefront API

Can you provide a request ID or more information where you are seeing this behavior? 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.