Solved

How do delivery and billing policies work together?

kyle_truong
Shopify Partner
59 6 16

While reading over the docs about prepaid selling plans I got confused and wanted to ask:

1. When the billing frequency is less than that of the delivery frequency does the price automatically take into account all of the deliveries?

For example, if the billing frequency is once every 3 months and the delivery frequency is 1 every month, is the price automatically adjusted to be the price of 3 deliveries once the billing interval comes up? I find it a bit unclear because the only other thing related to price are the pricing policies but they seem to be concerned with discounts and not the actual price.

2. Can the billing frequency be shorter than delivery frequency?

If so, how is the price calculated at billing time? 

Accepted Solution (1)

ThomazReis
Shopify Staff
24 10 6

This is an accepted solution.

Hi kyle_truong,

1. When the billing frequency is less than that of the delivery frequency does the price automatically take into account all of the deliveries?

For example, if the billing frequency is once every 3 months and the delivery frequency is 1 every month, is the price automatically adjusted to be the price of 3 deliveries once the billing interval comes up? I find it a bit unclear because the only other thing related to price are the pricing policies but they seem to be concerned with discounts and not the actual price.

Yes, it works as you said, the billing will be related to all deliveries between each billing cycle.

No, the billing cycle must be a multiple of delivery cycle, so you will have 1 or more deliveries each billing cycle.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

ThomazReis
Shopify Staff
24 10 6

This is an accepted solution.

Hi kyle_truong,

Yes, it works as you said, the billing will be related to all deliveries between each billing cycle.

No, the billing cycle must be a multiple of delivery cycle, so you will have 1 or more deliveries each billing cycle.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.