Solved

How to enable write_customer_payment_methods scope and all other subscriptions related scopes?

Embody
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there,

We are migrating our users from Stripe/Paypal to Shopify Store. For that, we need to add payment methods for these users through GraphQL API here

I made a call to the API and I got a response attached in the following code snippet. From the doc, I realized I need write_customer_payment_methods. What is a way to get scope access to that as well all other subscription-related scopes? I don't see them on the private app API options! I have searched the forum and could not find any steps described to do it. Can someone help in this regard?

{
  "data": {
    "customerPaymentMethodRemoteCreate": null
  },
  "errors": [
    {
      "message": "CustomerPaymentMethodRemoteCreate access denied",
      "locations": [
        {
          "line": 5,
          "column": 7
        }
      ],
      "path": [
        "customerPaymentMethodRemoteCreate"
      ]
    }
  ],
  "extensions": {
    "cost": {
      "requestedQueryCost": 11,
      "actualQueryCost": 10,
      "throttleStatus": {
        "maximumAvailable": 1000,
        "currentlyAvailable": 990,
        "restoreRate": 50
      }
    }
  }
}

Accepted Solution (1)

LarryReid
Shopify Staff
87 9 22

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks for getting in touch. I'll try to help.

The `write_customer_payment_methods` scope is what we call a protected scope. You need to request the access scope through your partner dashboard

Note that in order to use subscriptions your app must be a public or custom app. For more information, see the requirements for a subscriptions app.

Let me know if this helps, or if you need more information.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

LarryReid
Shopify Staff
87 9 22

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks for getting in touch. I'll try to help.

The `write_customer_payment_methods` scope is what we call a protected scope. You need to request the access scope through your partner dashboard

Note that in order to use subscriptions your app must be a public or custom app. For more information, see the requirements for a subscriptions app.

Let me know if this helps, or if you need more information.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.