More that one shipping option for subscription customer

nikalab
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi,

We want to use Shopify Checkout (with Recharge) for our subscription customers. As 50% of our customers use courier and 50% use parcel lockers, we need to give each customer an option to choose the shipping method.

However, currently Shopify by default chooses the cheapest shipping method. 

What is the logic here and is there a solution?

On the subscription API roadmap in H2 2021 (https://shopify.dev/apps/subscriptions#product-roadmap) there is Local Delivery & Local Pickup. How come these two will be solved before the client will be able to just choose between few available shipping options (that are available for one time purchases)?

Replies 10 (10)

LarryReid
Shopify Staff
87 9 22

Thanks for this feedback. We're aware that this is a frustration for some merchants. Unfortunately, I can't give you any more information as to when we might be able to take some action on it. Your feedback is valuable because it helps us evaluate the impact it's having on 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

nikalab
Visitor
2 0 1

Larry,

Thanks. As mentioned in my original message, on the subscription API roadmap in H2 2021 (https://shopify.dev/apps/subscriptions#product-roadmap) there is Local Delivery & Local Pickup. Do I understand correctly that once either Local Delivery & Local Pickup are introduced, the customer will have a choice? What choice will be available? Cheapest shipping vs Local Delivery vs Local Pickup? Or maybe, that could also mean a choice between one shipping method vs other shipping methods?

LarryReid
Shopify Staff
87 9 22

I'm afraid we don't have any more information at this time, other than what's on the roadmap page that you linked to. Let me know if you have any other questions.

PaulVomberg
Tourist
14 0 0

For merchants on Shopify Plus, is it possible to use the Script Editor App (shipping script) to modify the shipping rates for subscription orders to show more than just the lowest rate? 

LarryReid
Shopify Staff
87 9 22

That’s not possible, unfortunately. At best you can rename a rate, remove a rate, or discount a rate. But not add extra ones. 

Cristian_Matos
Shopify Partner
5 0 2

Hi, does Shopify have a solution to this yet? I'm looking to offer free shipping for subscription products but also display the other paid shipping methods, but Shopify is only displaying the free shipping.

LarryReid
Shopify Staff
87 9 22

Hi Christian:

Thanks for raising this again. I don't work in the Subscriptions group anymore, so as much as I hate to ask this of you -- Could you please ask this in a new question in this forum? Because your question is in a reply, they might not see it as a new question. Because I'm not in the group anymore, I don't know what the plans might be.

Best wishes.

Greg_P
Shopify Partner
41 4 28

Hello @LarryReid, a few months ago I asked about this issue here: https://community.shopify.com/c/payments-shipping-and/multiple-shipping-methods-for-subscriptions/td... but nobody answered 😢

Shopify Developer
If I have solved your issue, please mark my post as accepted solution 🙂
LarryReid
Shopify Staff
87 9 22

Hey, Greg. Sorry no one answered you earlier question. I pinged some relevant people. Hopefully they can help you.

Marine-Mamazoa
Tourist
4 0 4

Hi Larry ! We are many merchants suffering from this issue, and no doubt both Shopify and its clients are loosing conversions and money because of this limitation ! I really hope Shopify will be able to do something about it soon ! thanks