Subscription checkout with Stripe

wiecman
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi 

Im trying to find third party App or any other solution to have posibility to sell products in subscription model. Unfortunetely - i hope im wrong - all third party app use Shopify Payments to make this process. Second unfortunetely is that Shopify Payments are not available in my country. For now i use Stripe as a payment method.

Is any solution or app to make subscription plan for products in checkout possible ? I will be appriciate for any help or instructions.

Best Regard Tomek

Replies 13 (13)

qc11
Shopify Staff (Retired)
47 14 12

Hi! Unfortunately we don't support Stripe for subscriptions right now.

But good news is that we are going to support it this year.
Please check this link for details: https://shopify.dev/concepts/apps/subscriptions-faq#which-subscription-features-are-in-development-a...

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

wiecman
Visitor
2 0 0
Perfect for the future . Could you recomendnany solution for my region to
provide subscription ? I mean for Poland
qc11
Shopify Staff (Retired)
47 14 12

As you can see from the link, the launching date for PayPal and Stripe are Q2 2021, which means it will be launched between April 1 to June 30.

PayPal is going be launched very soon, earlier than Stripe.
Therefore if you want to use subscription as soon as possible, you could maybe consider setting up PayPal first.

vitadrew
Visitor
1 0 4

Hello,

As we are approaching Q4 here soon I was wondering if there is any update on the Stripe Subscriptions integration to Shopify Checkout?

otlab
Shopify Partner
5 0 9

Following up on this message, any views on when exactly within Q4 Stripe will be added as a compatible gateway for subscriptions?

kitsoo
Tourist
5 0 5

In case of emergency, press the red button ............ 🔴

@vitadrew Thx for your message.

Stripe integration is becoming vital for many of us, especially in Europe who cannot accept payments through Shopify Payment and Authorize.net ....

Shopify, please keep us updated regarding the Stripe integration which was originally supposed to be in Q2 2021...🔴

CyrilN
Visitor
2 0 4

Hi, any updates on this? Is it still planned for Q4 2021? 

As previously said, this is critical for EU users.

Thanks

qc11
Shopify Staff (Retired)
47 14 12

Hi, We are actively working on this and we expect to have general availability before end of this year (hopefully mid December). If there's any change /delays to the launch, we will update in our timeline.

kitsoo
Tourist
5 0 5

Hi @qc11 ,

You said that you are working on general availability before end of this year (hopefully mid December), so there is a test version available ? Could it be possible to use it ? Is mid december (next week) still possible or there will be some delay ?

Thanks for the understanding,

Kilian from Kitsoo

otlab
Shopify Partner
5 0 9

Extremely interested as well. We've been waiting for this major release for months now. Is there any chance our store can test Stripe subscriptions before general availability, as beta testers for example?

I_like_tea
Excursionist
11 0 3

Is there any news about the supposedly Q4 launch of subscription with Stripe? We're the 15th of december already, is it still planned for Q4?

kitsoo
Tourist
5 0 5

Planned for Q1 2022 now... 

CyrilN
Visitor
2 0 4

From Q2 2021 initially to Q1 2022 now, and soon Q4 2022 (why not?)

Great job.