Subscription Coupon Question

FastechSolution
6 0 0

I have a question about the Subscription function tied into coupons or specials. Does anyone know if you're able to set it up a subscribe for 3 shipments get the 4th shipment free. For instance a shipment could be every week, 2 weeks, monthly or 2 months.

Product is purchased and selected to receive a shipment every 2 weeks. So they pay for the first 2 weeks, they get the product. Then it comes time for their 2nd shipment because it's been 2 weeks since the first, they pay for that. Then the 3rd shipment comes around 2 weeks after the 2nd. Then the 4th shipment comes after the 3rd 2 week shipment they get that 4th one free. Does it do that?

Replies 5 (5)

Poulping
Shopify Staff
29 4 4

Hi ,

If I understand the question correctly, you want to offer a discount after a number of cycles have ran on the subscription.

If you want it to be equal to the amount of shipping you could look into the draft free shipping discount add mutation and add the discount for one cycle before billing is attempted for the relevant cycle.

Alternatively, the pricing policy could be set to trigger after a certain number of cycles, and its discount set to equal any amount.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

FastechSolution
6 0 0

Would this require custom coding or does the system already allow this function?

Poulping
Shopify Staff
29 4 4

I am sorry, I don't understand the question.

Shopify proposes APIs for you to implement subscriptions the way you need.

Can you clarify your question please ?

FastechSolution
6 0 0

My experience with Shopify is lacking so forgive me if my question seems strange. With WooCommerce (which is what we're currently using) this function requires hiring a custom coder to build the plugin we need. I know Shopify has apps for subscriptions like WooCommerce has plugins but again, this type of function isn't available unless it is built so I was asking if these settings to perform the function I'm wanting in regards to subscriptions in Shopify are available or would it have to be created.

Poulping
Shopify Staff
29 4 4

Hi FastechSolution,

In Shopify, subscriptions are proposed as a set of APIs.

Nothing is built for you, but we propose all the APIs you need to build anything you want in a subscription flow.

You have two options:

- either writing your own private app that will do what you want using our APIs

- or finding a subscriptions app in the app store that does what you want

Does that answer your question ?