Can I cancel my Shopify plan before it starts charging me?

Majed17
5 0 0

Hello,

I was trying shopify for 14 days and i want to cancel my plan fees because it's gonna make me pay the 29$ tomorrow and with this message i don't know what i'm gonna do while i'm pretty sure with my password. I'm very upset. I was planning to comeback to shopify in a while cause at the moment i'm so busy with my studies and i despreatly need my money in my education.

I need your help before you charge me the fees.  Please don't make me regret my experience with shopify cause i was so motivated and still.

I confirm you that i wan't to canel my plan subscription before it start tomorrow ! 

I hope you understand.

Reply 1 (1)

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 220

Hey, @Majed17!

I understand you're unable to close your store. Did you share a screenshot of what's preventing you from doing so? It doesn't seem to have gone through. Nonetheless, from what you've described it sounds like you're having trouble with entering your password. If you are, entering the password is crucial in the process of closing your store as we need to ensure that it's you, the account owner, attempting to close it. The quickest way to resolve the problem is to troubleshoot the issue with the password.

The best troubleshooting step we can perform is to reset the password. If you have not done this yet, please follow the steps below.

1. Go to the Shopify login page.
  2. Enter the email address you use to log in.
  3. Click Next.
  4. Click Forgot password?, then click Reset password.
  5. You're then sent an email with a link to reset your password. In the email, click Reset password.
  6. Enter your new password in the Confirm password field.
  7. Click Reset password.
  8. Go back to the Shopify login page and log in with your new password.

After resetting the password, follow the steps on this page to close your store.

If you are still unable to close your store after following the steps above, we can look into closing the store on your behalf. You can opt for this solution instead of resetting your password, however, please know this process will take 1-3 business days to complete. If you would like us to assist you with the closure, we’ll need to access your account. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

If you have already been charged the subscription fee, feel free to mention your concern about this in your conversation with the Support Advisor you speak to. We don't provide refunds as per our Terms of Service, however, we can look into making an exception for your case. We'll determine if we can refund the amount after your store is closed.

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog