Join us for an upcoming Shopify Partner webinar on February 27, 2024. Discover the latest Checkout Extensibility features, and deep dive on improvements to Shopify Functions and Web Pixels. Register now for either the 10am EST or 2pm EST sessions.
Solved

app subscription update

nikhitha
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi, we've developed an app called 'Some Test App' and implemented a subscription plan for users. For instance, when a merchant installs our app, they can choose a plan that suits their needs. Now, if a merchant wishes to change their plan after a few days, where can they do this? Should we provide the option for plan updates within our app or through the Shopify platform? I need clarification on whether the option to update the plan should be available before login, after login to our app, or in another section.

Accepted Solution (1)

Liam
Shopify Staff
2677 288 735

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Nikhitha,

Merchants should be able to upgrade or downgrade their plan from within your app. As a developer, you should provide a clear, easy-to-use interface within your app for managing subscriptions which should include options for upgrades, downgrades, pauses, cancellations, and product changes. This interface needs to be accessible after a merchant has logged in to your app. When a merchant upgrades or downgrades your app, the old subscription is canceled and replaced with a new subscription. The new subscription takes the same 30-day app billing cycle as the previous purchase. This also applies when a merchant uninstalls or reinstalls an app.

Hope this helps!

Liam | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Liam
Shopify Staff
2677 288 735

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Nikhitha,

Merchants should be able to upgrade or downgrade their plan from within your app. As a developer, you should provide a clear, easy-to-use interface within your app for managing subscriptions which should include options for upgrades, downgrades, pauses, cancellations, and product changes. This interface needs to be accessible after a merchant has logged in to your app. When a merchant upgrades or downgrades your app, the old subscription is canceled and replaced with a new subscription. The new subscription takes the same 30-day app billing cycle as the previous purchase. This also applies when a merchant uninstalls or reinstalls an app.

Hope this helps!

Liam | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog