Bold Subscriptions V2 with Shopify's Local Delivery/Pick up

Shovgi
Tourist
6 0 4

Recently upgraded to Bold Subscriptions V2 (already regretting it big time!) and finding now that V2 is not compatible with Shopify's local delivery and local pick up options. 

We are a small local business that only offers local delivery and in-store pick up (no nation-wide shipping). I can't figure out how to offer these options to our subscription customers at check out. If I set up Shopify shipping and use a 3rd party app to restrict it to specific postal codes, then the customer will not see an option for pick ups, so anyone outside of our immediate delivery zone will not be able to place an order. 

Has anyone found any work around? I wish Bold Commerce was taking upgrades to their app a little more seriously

Replies 13 (13)

JuanHoyos
Shopify Staff
43 4 6

Hello Shovgi,

I'm sorry to know you are unable to setup local delivery and pickup using Bold Subscriptions V2.

While I do not have a solution for you at hand, I'm interested to know the reasons that Bold has given to you for this incompatibility (feel free to add as many details as possible). And more importantly, what is their roadmap to add support to it?

At the same time, you could also reach Shopify support to explore for a possible solution.

Best,

Juan

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

jptetrault_bold
Shopify Partner
5 2 0

Hello @Shovgi and @JuanHoyos 

Thanks for reaching out. Our team is researching creative ways of allowing local pickup/deliver apps like Zapiet to work with Bold Subscriptions using the Shopify Checkout. In our conversations with Zapiet, they have also indicated that they are not yet compatible with the new subscriptions offering.

As indicated on Shopify's subscription API roadmap, support for local pickup and delivery is slated for the second half of 2022. @JuanHoyos is there any update you can share regarding this timeline?

jptetrault_bold_0-1642519588540.png

Thanks.
JP

JuanHoyos
Shopify Staff
43 4 6

So far we are still aligning ourselves on the planned schedule. Thanks for the heads up, JP.

Best regards,

Juan

JuanHoyos
Shopify Staff
43 4 6

@jptetrault_bold is there a downgrade path from V2 to V1 that could work for @Shovgi meanwhile?

jptetrault_bold
Shopify Partner
5 2 0

Hello @JuanHoyos

Shopify has disallowed any installation of Bold Subscriptions v1. It is also not possible to extract payment tokens from Shopify Payments or other supported subscription gateways for use outside of Shopify.

Of course we would be happy to discuss the possibility with this merchant, but it is likely that it's not possible today.

JP

jayne_Zapiet
Shopify Partner
9 0 0

Hi there,

Yes that is correct we are not yet fully compatible. We don't automatically increment dates for subsequent orders and subscription rates are always displayed as 'shipping' regardless of what option the customer selects. This is because Shopify currently limits subscription shipping to one rate. 

So we too are looking forward to the update!

Thanks

Jayne

Shovgi
Tourist
6 0 4

Thank you for your replies, JP and Jayne. 

I understand the ball is in Shopify's court with regards to necessary updates. It is unfortunate that considering the vast resources Shopify has at its disposal, basic setup for one of its key new features (local delivery) isn't compatible with the one subscription solution app that Shopify actually endorses and is *at least* months away. I guess this update would mostly benefit small, local businesses, like mine - small fish, in other words, so no rush.  

Shovgi
Tourist
6 0 4

@JuanHoyos is Shopify still aligning on the planned schedule. As such, with us already being into the second half of 2022, do you know when we might have the support for local pickup/delivery added to Shopify's subscription API?

JuanHoyos
Shopify Staff
43 4 6

Hi @Shovgi, sorry for the late reply. Somehow I did not received a notification.

Yes, we are still aligned as planned. Public comms in the Changelog should go out soon enough, but I'll keep you all posted here as well.

JuanHoyos
Shopify Staff
43 4 6

Hello, I wanted to let you all know that Local Delivery & Pickup support for Subscriptions is now available. Please check the following for more information:

Shovgi
Tourist
6 0 4

That is awesome! Hopefully Bold will implement the updates to their app shortly.

Thank you for the update

Shovgi
Tourist
6 0 4

Does anyone know if Bold is planning to introduce Local Delivery & Pickup support for subscriptions? 

This was promised more than a year ago and when Shopify announced in October 2022 that support was available, Bold came up with some excuse and said they couldn't make it work. 

Aaron_Kroontje
Shopify Partner
20 0 11

Any luck on this @Shovgi ?