Getting INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR in graphql appSubscriptionTrialExtend endpoint (unstable)

Solved

Getting INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR in graphql appSubscriptionTrialExtend endpoint (unstable)

arazgholami
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello there, 

I'm just trying to use appSubscriptionTrialExtend endpoint to extend our user's trial but I'm getting 

INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR error. 
Here is my requestId: 
02a16f74-dbfd-4858-91ee-484841c3f461
Any suggestion?
Accepted Solution (1)
LarryReid
Shopify Staff
87 9 22

This is an accepted solution.

We didn't implement the trial extension functionality for recurring_application_charges on the old billing_contract_type .  Looks like the subscription is a test charge, which would put it on the old contract type. Did you intend for it to be a test charge?

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 9 (9)

LarryReid
Shopify Staff
87 9 22

Hi, and thanks for the question. This topic is for subscriptions that merchants sell to buyers, but I've reached out internally to the appropriate group inside Shopify, and I hope we'll have an answer for your shortly. Stay tuned.

LarryReid
Shopify Staff
87 9 22

This is an accepted solution.

We didn't implement the trial extension functionality for recurring_application_charges on the old billing_contract_type .  Looks like the subscription is a test charge, which would put it on the old contract type. Did you intend for it to be a test charge?

gregório_neto
Shopify Partner
4 0 0
Hi! So it won't work for test charges?

LarryReid
Shopify Staff
87 9 22

That's correct.

haptt
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi LarryReid, we also had the same problem: test charge isn't working if using appSubscriptionTrialExtend endpoint, how can we renew trial subscription when we use dev store during develop.

LarryReid
Shopify Staff
87 9 22

Yes, I see your dilemma. Unfortunately, we don't support this at the moment. You may have to test with real charges and refund them. Sorry.

Marcus-Heng
Shopify Partner
5 0 2

Hey Larry, 

May I know how to determine an old `billing_contract_type`? 

Our application uses the RESTful APIs `ShopifyAPI::RecurringApplicationCharge.new` and we're trying to implement the GraphQL AppSubscriptionTrialExtend. Will it work?

Shopify Partner
297 9 56

@Marcus-Heng   have you get resolved the GraphQL AppSubscriptionTrialExtend  ??

LarryReid
Shopify Staff
87 9 22

Hi, Marcus:

I would assume that if the `AppSubscriptionTrialExtend` isn't working for you, it's the old billing type. I don't work in the subscription group anymore, so I suggest you raise a new question in this forum and someone should be able to answer for you.

Best wishes.