Join us for an upcoming Shopify Partner webinar on February 27, 2024. Discover the latest Checkout Extensibility features, and deep dive on improvements to Shopify Functions and Web Pixels. Register now for either the 10am EST or 2pm EST sessions.
Solved

How do I get a subset of my site's blog articles accessible only via subscriptions

funanc1al
Tourist
4 0 1

How do I get a subset of my site's blog articles accessible only via subscriptions? The idea is many if not most articles will remain free and require no subscription, but a subset of more specialized articles will require one (thus becoming a source of extra revenue). When I publish, I can then (in the backend) decide if the article shall be require subscription for access or be free. Can I use Recharge or Appstle or a similar out-of-the-box subscription app to achieve the functionality or does the endeavor require more customization and a developer? Thanks.

Accepted Solution (1)

simplee_chris
Shopify Partner
55 3 14

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @funanc1al,

Some apps do offer this functionality out of the box. This is a shameless plug, but Simplee Memberships makes it easy to restrict content, whether it's a blog, page, product, collection, etc... only to logged in customers with an active membership.

You can restrict specific blog posts, but it's probably easier to have a free blog and a paid blog to reduce the need to keep restricting individual posts.

I hope that helps!

Chris

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

simplee_chris
Shopify Partner
55 3 14

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @funanc1al,

Some apps do offer this functionality out of the box. This is a shameless plug, but Simplee Memberships makes it easy to restrict content, whether it's a blog, page, product, collection, etc... only to logged in customers with an active membership.

You can restrict specific blog posts, but it's probably easier to have a free blog and a paid blog to reduce the need to keep restricting individual posts.

I hope that helps!

Chris

funanc1al
Tourist
4 0 1
It does. Thank you!