Solved

Subscription Contract Not Created but Selling Plan Id Applied

Brian_S
Shopify Partner
153 19 39

I've recently seen an order where a line is correctly given the selling plan as well as the discount that was expected but no contract was created. 

I can see via GraphQL that there's no contract and there are PlanIds: 

"lineItems": {
"edges": [
{
"node": {
"sellingPlan": {
"sellingPlanId": "gid:\/\/shopify\/SellingPlan\/3418718463"
}
"contract": null,
}
]
},

The result is an order that looks like this which I've also never seen:

Brian_S_0-1667494989297.png

It's like Shopify is not creating the contract.  Is there an active bug around subscription contracts not being created? 

Thanks!

PS: here's the Order Gid: gid://shopify/Order/4967988003071

Brian Singer
CTO & Cofounder of Subscription Service - Awtomic
Accepted Solution (1)

LarryReid
Shopify Staff
87 9 22

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, Brian: Yes, we're actively working on an issue the affects a small number of contract creations. I believe the cause will be resolved shortly, if it hasn't already rolled out. We're also working to create the contracts that should have been created. I'm afraid I can't give an ETA for that, however. Stay tuned, and our apologies for the issue.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

LarryReid
Shopify Staff
87 9 22

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, Brian: Yes, we're actively working on an issue the affects a small number of contract creations. I believe the cause will be resolved shortly, if it hasn't already rolled out. We're also working to create the contracts that should have been created. I'm afraid I can't give an ETA for that, however. Stay tuned, and our apologies for the issue.

Brian_S
Shopify Partner
153 19 39

Thanks @LarryReid  - I can confirm that subscription did start getting created again but this ^ example still has not had a subscription contract created for it.  Are the backfills still coming?  If not it looks like some were overlooked. We'd backfill ourselves except:

A) I don't want to create subscription contracts if Shopify will be doing it soon (resulting in duplicates) 

B) The affected customers don't have payment methods associated so I have no way of creating the SC without getting the customer to input credit card info again. 

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Brian Singer
CTO & Cofounder of Subscription Service - Awtomic
LarryReid
Shopify Staff
87 9 22

Brian:

You are right to wait for us to backfill. I can't give you an ETA, but it should be soon enough.

Unfortunately, the original problem was such that we don't have the credit card information, so affected customers will have to be asked to re-enter their credit card information via the credit card update e-mail.

TayyabHanif
Shopify Partner
3 0 1

Hi @LarryReid, any update on this? I'm also stuck on this because contract inside lineItem is giving "NULL" even though subscription is applied.

let me know, thank you!

LarryReid
Shopify Staff
87 9 22

Thanks for your patience. We're still working on the fix to the incorrect data that was previously added to the database. There should be no new instances of this situation being created. Please continue to wait for us to backfill the incorrect data.

devices1
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Hi @LarryReid , I'm currently having the same issue as @Brian_S  as of August 2023.

I can also see via GraphQL that my orders have a PlanId but no contracts. This is an example:

'lineItems':
    {
        'edges': [
        {
            'node':
            {
                'sellingPlan':
                {
                    'sellingPlanId': 'gid://shopify/SellingPlan/608338083'
                },
                'contract': None
            }
        }]
    }

Could you please advise me how I can get this fixed for my shop? This is an important issue which is adversely impacting our operations.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly via the email associated with my account. Thank you.

LarryReid
Shopify Staff
87 9 22

Please submit this as a new topic in the forum. The original was fixed over a year ago. The symptoms may be similar but it's unlikely that it's the same issue. That way it will get seen the same day by whoever is on duty to monitor the forum.