Subscription Contract

Subscription Contract

j-riv
Shopify Partner
10 1 0

I recently came upon an issue in my subscription app where the shipping method on some subscription orders has changed after a few orders. For example on the original subscription order the customer got the 'Free Shipping' Method. On the second subscription order they got the same 'Free Shipping' Method. Then all of a sudden on the 3rd subscription order the subscription method has changed to lets say 'Curbside Pickup' Method. We removed this method from our store a few months ago.

I'm wondering how this could have changed? Especially since the previous orders had the correct shipping method. Why would the shipping method change all of a sudden? Also what could cause this change? Could Shopify Shipping Cart Scripts affect this? This has happened only to a few subscriptions. I can't seem to find a pattern or cause.

Some more information. We don't have free shipping enabled on subscriptions or on products. The Free Shipping method gets set based on normal shipping rules if total > $35.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Replies 2 (2)

pranab
Shopify Staff
27 3 3

Hi! Thank you for your question.
The shipping cart scripts should not be causing this as the second or third subscription orders do not go through checkout. Subscriptions are renewed using the subscription billing attempt API calls. 
Is it possible the DeliveryProfile mutations have been used to make changes? 
deliveryProfileUpdatedeliveryProfileCreate and/or  deliveryProfileRemove

Thanks,

Pranab

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

j-riv
Shopify Partner
10 1 0

Yeah I know thats why I was wondering what could affect it. I dont think I've ever attached a delivery profile to any of my current selling plans. But I just created one and attached it to a selling plan on both a dev site and a production site. On the dev site I can see the delivery profile on the settings page under shipping, but on production I cannot. Would you happen to have any idea of why? Thank you.