403 Forbidden

pasada
1 0 0

Hi 

I'm trying to connect my store to the domain bought with bluehost, I'm receiving 403 error, reached out to bluehost support, and it's everything fine on their end 

Reply 1 (1)
Moira
Shopify Staff
480 72 81

Hey @pasada,

Welcome to the Shopify Community!

Basically, a 403 error means you're forbidden from accessing the content in question. This is due to access privileges, which your account has, but is currently not being recognized. Make sure you're logged in to the account that belongs to your website. If you are, I suggest clearing your browser cache and making sure you are operating on the latest version of Google Chrome. When you use a browser, like Chrome, it saves some information from websites in its cache and cookies. Clearing them fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on sites.

It usually indicates that the domain is not set up correctly, or that there is an additional A Record in your DNS settings. Please make sure your DNS settings reflect the following:

• An A record for your root domain (without the www's) to point to 23.227.38.65

• A CNAME record for your "www" subdomain to point to shops.myshopify.com

Do also note that after you make these changes, it can take about 24-48 hours for the settings to propagate, which means the issue may not be resolved immediately after.

I recently answered this same query for another merchant, you can see the community thread below:

How is everything else going with your website? Black Friday and Cyber Monday are just around the corner! BFCM is one of the biggest sales weekends of the year and sees the start of the holiday season as well. Every year my go-to is this BFCM Checklist. It is well worth the read should you be interested.

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog