Solved

A site with that domain name already exists

Nabil11
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,
I am trying to connect my existing domaine name to a new store, but i get this message : 

• A site with that domain name already exists
What should i do ?
Thank you
Accepted Solution (1)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

This is an accepted solution.

@Nabil11 

To fix this error, you will need to contact Shopify Support with proof that you own the domain you're trying to connect. Proof of ownership can consist of a screenshot of your domain manager that shows you have control over the DNS settings for the domain you wish to add. Once they have verified ownership they can remove the domain from the store that holds the domain to allow you to add the domain to your store. 

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

This is an accepted solution.

@Nabil11 

To fix this error, you will need to contact Shopify Support with proof that you own the domain you're trying to connect. Proof of ownership can consist of a screenshot of your domain manager that shows you have control over the DNS settings for the domain you wish to add. Once they have verified ownership they can remove the domain from the store that holds the domain to allow you to add the domain to your store. 

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

DoThanhLuan
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same problem,  A site with that domain name already exists
my domain trendhous.com I buy it form godaddy. pls help me

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

@DoThanhLuan 

You'll need to follow the steps provided above to so our support can help resolve this for you. 

Thank you!