Accessing shopify store from a different country

Accessing shopify store from a different country

N_2123
Visitor
2 0 0

Can i access my store from a country other than the country my business operates in ?

E.g - my store operates in country X, all operations are in country X, suppliers and my market for sales is also in country X, but if i travel to country Y, can i still access  and operate my shopify store  ? 

Replies 3 (3)

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1885 211 337

Hey there, @N_2123! Thanks so much for popping your question into the Shopify Community today!

Folks from all over the world can (and will!) access your Shopify Store! It's available by default by all folks who opt to type your store URL into their browser, or if they click a URL leading to your store, unless they are certain restrictions in their region preventing them from accessing certain online resources - but this is something outside of one's typical sphere of control.

Are you wanting customers from all over the world to access your store? I'd love to hear more about your store plans to see I can provide you with some help resources to help you reach your goals!

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

N_2123
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi @Imogen

Thanks for replying to my query. 

However my concerns were about me accessing my store backend from another country.

So if i were to access my shopify account or the store backend from a country other than the business address, would i be allowed to do this  ?

Apologies if this was not clear from my previous post. 

Thank You ! 

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1885 211 337

Hey again, @N_2123! Thanks for following up here, and clarifying your question for me! The confusion there was no fault of yours!

You are able to access your Shopify Admin from all over the globe, so you'll be able to operate your store wherever you may be! Are you planning on being out of the country that you based your business out of for an extended period of time? Even if you are, you should have no issues accessing your account!

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog