Add a custom font to the Dawn Theme Version 1.1.0

Solved
gregorsart
Excursionist
32 0 8

Hello Community, does someone know how to implement a custom Font, when I use the dawn theme (I have the font in the .woff Format)

Thank you for your help,

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
LitExtension
Shopify Partner
1941 318 392

This is an accepted solution.

First you need to upload it in Assets.
Then you go to the file layout/theme.liquid and add the code: https://i.imgur.com/Fdf5Ab4.png
@font-face {
font-family: 'fontname';
src: url('{{ 'fontname.woff' | asset_url }}') format('woff'),
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;
font-display: swap;
}
At the end you just need to get fontname, it will work fine.
Hope it helps!

LitExtension - #1 Shopping Cart Migration Expert
If our answer is helpful then please accept as solution!
Are you looking for a solution to migrate to Shopify? Contact us for further assistance.
Try our FREE DEMO now!

View solution in original post

Replies 19 (19)
LitExtension
Shopify Partner
1941 318 392

This is an accepted solution.

First you need to upload it in Assets.
Then you go to the file layout/theme.liquid and add the code: https://i.imgur.com/Fdf5Ab4.png
@font-face {
font-family: 'fontname';
src: url('{{ 'fontname.woff' | asset_url }}') format('woff'),
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;
font-display: swap;
}
At the end you just need to get fontname, it will work fine.
Hope it helps!

Are you looking for a solution to migrate to Shopify? Contact us for further assistance.
Try our FREE DEMO now!

View solution in original post

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2298 413 538

@gregorsart 

Please follow this step-by-step tutorial about how to install custom fonts. Let me know if you need any further help.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Slideshow images cutting off? Try the Slideshow (PRO) section. No apps required. | Replace apps with copy/paste code snippets & save money. Examples here.
openeast
Tourist
7 0 2

Hi there, I tried this, but it didn't work for me so far as I can tell. Should the font be accessible in the typography section??

newbieka
Tourist
6 0 0

same problem. I followed the steps but it's not appearing as an option in the typography section of the theme. how so you get it to work? thank you!

KKay
Tourist
5 0 0

It works perfectly for me 🤩 

I create a blog post to explain it in details  http://kkco-design.com/blogs/kkco-design/how-to-add-a-custom-font-on-your-shopify-theme

NaomiRD
11 0 0

Hi

Ive followed your instructions and added a custom font but I would like to use more than one on my site. Is there an easy way to do this?  I am not very familiar with coding but found your instructions really easy to follow. 

I'm currently using the Narrative theme but hoping that doesn't make a difference.

Many thanks

Naomi

LitExtension
Shopify Partner
1941 318 392

Hi @NaomiRD ,

You can create a new Question and send me the link. I will check it.

Thank you.

Try our FREE DEMO now!
Picknick
Excursionist
22 0 4

Hi,

its not working for the Dawn2.0 Theme. Does anyone have a solution which works for Dawn 2.0? Spent several hours, but didn't get it

KKay
Tourist
5 0 0

Good question. For the moment I just use one police, I’m so happy with it, but I think it’s possible.