Add a unique image header and subtitle to each page

Solved
mrogers
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

My site has several information pages (about us, services, etc). I would like each of these pages to have a unique image appearing full-width, overlaid with a unique subtitle and the page title. Ideally I would like to template this once, and allow my client to add/change the images and subtitles for each page, as well as add new pages using this pattern.

My first thought was to use the new shop 2.0 metafields, but it appears they are not available for regular pages, only products and variants. Then I tried adding a block to the liquid template, but of course making changes in the customizer changes the template for all pages, and I need each page to have a unique image and subtitle.

I could use a unique template for each page, but that seems messy and wouldn't allow my client to create new pages without getting into the code.

I'm new to Shopify and I feel like I must be missing something super obvious. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

0 Likes

This is an accepted solution.

If you only use 1 template and 1 single section, this is not possible.

There will be 2 ways and i recommend you to use 1:

1: You need to create a template for each page, it will be best.

2: You upload the image in the file and add the HTML code directly to the content of the page. It will be more complicated and you will not be able to customize it.

Hope it clear to you.

LitExtension - #1 Shopping Cart Migration Expert
If our answer is helpful then please accept as solution!
Are you looking for a solution to migrate to Shopify? Contact us for further assistance.
Try our FREE DEMO now!
mrogers
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

That's disappointing, but thanks for confirming what's possible.

0 Likes