Solved

Why is Instagram blocked in theme settings on Dawn?

fiona123
Excursionist
14 0 4

Hi there, 

I hope someone can help. I've gone to the theme settings and added my instagram social media link (not for shopping, just as link for footer) but it keeps saying that instagram is blocked. Am I doing something wrong? Any help appreciated!

fiona123_0-1636539341616.png

fiona123_1-1636539375970.png

Accepted Solution (1)
Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @fiona123,

Absolutely, my pleasure. The whole west coast is just so beautiful too! I've bookmarked your store for some possible Christmas shopping! 

Great to know it worked on the mobile. Let me know if it's ok with your primary device (hoping it is). If it still isn't, the last resort would be to clear your browser cache and check if it works then. 

If you have any other questions, please don't hesiate to let me know. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @fiona123,

Welcome to Shopify and nice store. Your paintings are really great, I'm based in Galway so the road back to Clifden one is my fave! 

I took a look at your Instgram link in the footer and it seems all good to me. I clicked it and it took me straight to your Instagram profile. I wonder if this was a browser or device error on your end as it works ok for me? Can I ask what comes up for you on it now? Let me know and if it's still showing blocked we can maybe try some things to fix it, such as trying it in Incognito mode or on a different device. 

Something else I noticed is that your store doesn't have a Favicon. Adding a Favicon isn't too difficult and we have a step by step guide on how to do it here. Looking forward to hearing from you!

fiona123
Excursionist
14 0 4

Hi Nick, 

Thanks a mil for the reply - love Galway & Connemara!

I see on my mobile it works so it must be my pop up settings on the comp or something, I'll see if I can get it to work.

I'll check out about the Favicon, thanks for linking the guide for it.

Thanks again

Fiona

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @fiona123,

Absolutely, my pleasure. The whole west coast is just so beautiful too! I've bookmarked your store for some possible Christmas shopping! 

Great to know it worked on the mobile. Let me know if it's ok with your primary device (hoping it is). If it still isn't, the last resort would be to clear your browser cache and check if it works then. 

If you have any other questions, please don't hesiate to let me know. 

fiona123
Excursionist
14 0 4

Thanks very much Nick, you're very good.

Much appreciated.

Fiona