Adding Google Customer Reviews Opt-In Module to New Pixel Environment

maxrfinch
Shopify Partner
34 1 47

Hello, wondering if anybody has had any luck adding the Google Customer Reviews Opt-In Module after switching to the new checkout extensibility thank you page. If anybody has any insight, that would be appreciated. 

Replies 6 (6)

pinkcherry
Tourist
6 0 2

We are also working on this as well. Waiting for Shopify Plus tech support to get back to us.

pinkcherry
Tourist
6 0 2

And now we are finding out that the new checkout extensibility has broken our current thank you page from popping up the survey for them.

pinkcherry
Tourist
6 0 2

Hey Max,

If you switch to checkout extensibility like we did it will probably break Google Customer Reviews as the objects (names) have changed. 

"order_id": "{{ checkout.order_id }}",
"email": "{{ checkout.email }}",
"delivery_country": "{{ shipping_address.country_code }}",
"estimated_delivery_date": "{{ "now" | date:'%s' | plus:604800 | date: "%Y-%m-%d" }}",

Will let you know when we get the new tracking pixel thing working. Hopefully will hear back this week.

maxrfinch
Shopify Partner
34 1 47

Thank you Pinkcherry! Yes, we have conversion tracking working now, but we have yet to get the customer reviews widget working. I'm wondering if this is a script that can be entered within 'Customer Events?' 

pinkcherry
Tourist
6 0 2

Just got word back. The functionality is not there but they assured us that they know it's a missing feature and will have it in time for the end of life.

Not the best answer but getting to be the typical half baked rollouts (not just from Shopify).

Nathan...

maxrfinch
Shopify Partner
34 1 47

Typical Shopify, I will update this thread if I find any solution. 

-Max