Solved

Why do address lines keep switching when printing Shopify shipping labels?

teamceh1
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello, 

My address line 1 and 2 keep switching when I go to print the shipping label. Does anyone know why this keeps happening? It looks correct in the customer profile, but when I click "print shipping label" the address lines get flipped where address line 2 is first. 

Thank you! 

Accepted Solution (1)
Marty
Shopify Staff (Retired)
512 74 103

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @teamceh1.

That's correct! It's a totally valid label, happy shipping!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Marty
Shopify Staff (Retired)
512 74 103

Hi, @teamceh1.

Thanks for your message, I would be happy to help you out with this. It's tough to tell exactly what's happening here without any visuals or context as to what label you are using. That said, if you are using a USPS label, there was a recent update to our generated USPS labels that have corrected the order in which the address lines appear when printed. On the labels, the Address Line 2 details (suite, unit apartment # etc.) appear above  Address Line 1 (house number and street name), this is an expected change and a valid label.

If you are not using a USPS label, I would suggest clearing your browser history/cookies/cache and refreshing your page to try again. If you are still having issues, I would then recommend reaching out to our live support team so they can take a closer look into this with you. You can do this by logging into your store through the Help Center, searching your question/issue, then selecting "continue" at the bottom of the page that displays the search results. 

I hope this helps you out moving forward, please feel free to reach back out here should you have any questions about the above information!

teamceh1
Visitor
2 0 0

Awesome, so if I'm using the USPS label, then the switching of the apt. # and main address line is OK? 

Marty
Shopify Staff (Retired)
512 74 103

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @teamceh1.

That's correct! It's a totally valid label, happy shipping!