Afterpay order not showing up in Shopify

Minnie
6 0 0

Hi, I have an issue with Shopify and Afterpay. A customer has put an order thru online. She has been charged by Afterpay but the order has not come thru on our system. I just called Shopify about it and then the line went dead, I have tried the chat option and also not working after I explain the problem. There is no record of the sale in Shopify but there is record of the order on the backend of Afterpay. 

Reply 1 (1)

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 108

Hi @Minnie,

Issues like this are typically caused by the buyer not completing the transaction on Shopify's end and closing the tab right after they finish on AfterPay's end. Could you check your Abandoned carts section in the admin, and see if you can locate their order there?

If you find it, check the Timeline section by scrolling down just in case there was any other issue. Next, I recommend you recreate the order as a draft order - you won't have to charge them again since they paid but you will be able to 'capture payment' there so that you don't find inaccuracies in your reports later. I have a guide on how you can create a draft order here

Let me know if you find that there was another issue in the timeline section and I will see how I can help you out!

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog