Solved

Can I switch back to a bar graph in Shopify Analytics?

CPulla
Visitor
2 0 0

My analytics has changed from a bar graph to a line graph, how do I change it back to the bar graph? 

Accepted Solution (1)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @CPulla!

The line graph you are now seeing via your Analytics section is known as Polaris Viz which was built to help Shopify merchants better understand their data. By migrating to Polaris Viz we can offer a more consistent visual experience and expand to more modern styles of visualization. It's important to note that this is a purely visual update and will not affect data reporting.

You can learn more about this update below:

Right now there is no plan to roll it back to the old view, although I completely understand the need for this in tailoring your visual analytic reporting, so I'm glad to submit this feedback to our development team. It's not an immediate and guaranteed solution, however, we do consider your suggestions when we release updates on our platform. Updates will be published on our Shopify Changelog page.

Additionally, whilst being on the topic of analytics, you may be interested in learning a bit more about how to understand all aspects of the reporting data. Using analytics for business can help you uncover valuable insights about your products, customers, marketing, and more. Learn analytics to dig deeper into your data and find out what works and what doesn’t so you can spot opportunities early on. I've attached the relevant courses below so you can learn more about how this can benefit your business:

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @CPulla!

The line graph you are now seeing via your Analytics section is known as Polaris Viz which was built to help Shopify merchants better understand their data. By migrating to Polaris Viz we can offer a more consistent visual experience and expand to more modern styles of visualization. It's important to note that this is a purely visual update and will not affect data reporting.

You can learn more about this update below:

Right now there is no plan to roll it back to the old view, although I completely understand the need for this in tailoring your visual analytic reporting, so I'm glad to submit this feedback to our development team. It's not an immediate and guaranteed solution, however, we do consider your suggestions when we release updates on our platform. Updates will be published on our Shopify Changelog page.

Additionally, whilst being on the topic of analytics, you may be interested in learning a bit more about how to understand all aspects of the reporting data. Using analytics for business can help you uncover valuable insights about your products, customers, marketing, and more. Learn analytics to dig deeper into your data and find out what works and what doesn’t so you can spot opportunities early on. I've attached the relevant courses below so you can learn more about how this can benefit your business:

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog